Spike's Tactical 14" 5.56 M4 LE Mid-Length Lightweight Barrel
- Barrel Steel is Certified MIL-B-11595E Chromoly Vanadium Alloy
- Raw Barrel Steel is Magnetic Particle Inspected
- Barrels are Stress Relieved
- Mil-Spec M4 Barrel Extension with 18.104.22.168 MIL-STD-171 Phosphate Finish
- 22.214.171.124 MIL-STD-171 Hard Chrome Chamber
- 126.96.36.199 MIL-STD-171 Hard Chrome Bore
- All Chambers are Individually Checked for Head Spacing Before and After Plating
- All Barrels are Individually High Pressure Tested (HPT) and then Individually Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI)
- 188.8.131.52 MIL-STD-171 Phosphate Finish on the Barrel Exterior
- Threads are Cut Concentric to the Bore
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Length: 14.5"
- Profile: Light Weight
- Gas Seat: 0.750"
- Gas placement: Mid-Length
- Twist Rate: 1:7
- Weight: 1 lb. 10 oz.
- Material: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Finish: Mil-Spec Phosphate
If you want a high-quality yet lightweight barrel for your AR15, you may be interested in Spike's Tactical 14-inch 5.56 M4 LE mid-length barrel.
Over the course of its life, a rifle can lose its accuracy from heavy use. The loss of accuracy is more likely at long-range distances. A less-accurate rifle may not be a problem if you are shooting at closer ranges, but it can really bite you as you target objects further and further away. You’ll know it’s time to think about a replacement when your bullets begin keyholing and when your groups begin to open up.
If you have a tendency to shoot fast and hot, you will wear out your barrel faster than if you shot slow and cool. Law enforcement officers, military personnel, competitive shooters and others who spend large amounts of time at the range will need a replacement sooner than those who don’t work their AR15 at such a fast clip.
New barrels are not only used to repair a well-used rifle. You may want a new look for your existing rifle or perhaps you’re building an AR-15. Spike’s Tactical 5.56 Mid-length Lightweight barrel is chambered for 5.56 NATO / .223 Remington and may be the perfect match for your weapon.