Adams Arms Carbine Length XLP Piston Kit
- Works with AR15 with .223 Rem. / 5.56 NATO barrel (.750" gas seat)
- Short stroke free floating piston system
- Carbon and gases are expelled forward, away from operator
- Corrosive resistant coating processes
- Harmonics are not transferred into the barrel
- Adjustable gas settings for various applications
- Doesn't vent directly to atmospheric pressure; this eliminates flash signature and super sonic crack which is optimal for night vision and suppresses fire
- .750" XLP Multi-Adjustable Low Profile Gas Block
- Gas Plug
- Upper Receiver Bushing
- Bushing Installation Rod
- Bolt Spring
- Drive Rod with Bushing and Spring
- Installation DVD
**The manufacture recommend using a standard barrel nut or barrel nut with similar measurements for proper fit and function of the kit. Many aftermarket proprietary barrel nuts do not offer the clearance for the drive rod or proper seating of the spring and bushing.
The Adams Arms XLP Piston Kit converts your AR-15 into a short stroke piston-driven rifle, eliminating the downsides of direct impingement. The system is designed to vent the gases forward instead of onto the bolt; this dramatically reduces the amount of time you must spend cleaning your weapon.
The included XLP adjustable piston gas block gives you the ability to adjust the gas level for three main types of shooting: standard, suppressed, or single shot. As the short stroke system momentarily delays the release of the gases, the noise and flash signature are reduced, making this conversion kit perfect for users of suppressors. The metal parts of this kit are given a corrosion-resistant coating.