- PWS carbine-length long-stroke piston system - combines the agility of the AR-15 with the reliability of the AK-47 into a sleek and efficient design
- 3 easy to adjust gas settings
- Perfect for shooters looking for a cost-effective piston system without sacrificing high quality
- Continuous Picatinny top rail
- Free Float M-LOK rail system
- Radian Raptor ambidextrous charging handle
- Extruded upper receiver that integrates an extremely solid handguard attachment system
- The PRO line is the best value on the market for piston driven operating systems
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / .223 Rem.
- Chamber: .223 Wylde
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized Finish
- Upper Receiver: 6061 Extrusion
- Handguard: Free Float M-LOK 15" Handguard (1.6" Width, 2.1" Height)
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 16.1” 1:8 Twist, .223 Wylde 416R Stainless Steel Barrel (Black finish)
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Gas Block: PWS Long Stroke Piston System - 3-Position Adjustable Gas Block
- Bolt Carrier Group: PWS Long Stroke Piston Bolt Carrier Group
- Charging Handle: Radian Raptor-LT Ambi Charging Handle
- Weight: 4 lb 13 oz
- Overall Length: 25"
- Any Mil-Spec AR-15 lower receiver
If you've gotten this far, you won't need a shove to get into a Gas Piston driven AR-15. After all, if that system worked in the M-14 for all these decades, it will work for you. The gas piston system runs cleaner and cooler than its direct impingement cousin. Forget about those conversion kits. You need a PWS complete upper and some range time. Experience the difference, pick your favorite, or keep both.
The Bar Has Been Raised.
Primary Weapon Systems went with 416 stainless steel for the barrel on your PWS PRO upper. Then they completed the bore of this .223 Wylde barrel with 1:8 twist button rifling. You will find this combination in premium barrels throughout the industry. The .223 Wylde barrel lets you safely fire both .223 and 5.56 ammo interchangeably. This way, you can find a load that works for you. The Gas Piston system gives you a choice of three settings. Therefore, you can adjust your gun's performance to your specific load and situation.
She's Not A Bench Queen.
The PWS complete upper was not created to live at the range. Primary Weapons Systems builds its products for warriors. That's not to say that an AR-15 wearing a PWS PRO upper can't dominate the shooting range. The range is for fun and testing. PWS products are designed for the real world. When your range rifle breaks, you leave and get it fixed. It's not a big deal. However, when you're an operator and your service gun fails, somebody could die. Your new PWS PRO upper is designed for years of hard service and a high round count. At Primary Weapon Systems, your success is their benchmark.