MPN: 556-MB-BLK / 556-MB-SS
- Reduces muzzle rise
- Allow user to have faster follow up shots
- This Fortis Muzzle Brake is compatible with Fortis Control Shield - BMD
- Comes with a crush washer
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Caliber: .223 Rem. / 5.56 NATO
- Nitride Coated: 4140 Steel
- Bead Blasted Finish: 303 Stainless Steel
- Finish: Bead blasted or Nitride coated
- Weight: 2.8 oz. (with Control Shield: 7.2 oz.)
- Length: 2.28" (with Control Shield: 2.4")
- Diameter: 0.951" (with Control Shield: 1.48")
- Thread: 1/2"-28
The sleek design of the new Fortis Muzzle Brake was inspired by the distinct and sharp edges of the Fortis brand. The company takes pride in fashioning some of the most innovative firearm products and accessories in existence today. Because the machining times for this product take longer than those used by competitors, you can be sure that it is made using extremely high levels of precision.
Why Fortis Muzzle Brake?
Muzzle brakes operate based on the principle of Newton’s Third Law of Motion: “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.” When a rifle is fired, the resulting gasses exiting the barrel at supersonic speeds cause the muzzle of the gun to rise. Muzzle rise can lead to decreased accuracy and difficulty in making rapid follow-up shots. The Fortis muzzle brake will help mitigate the effects of muzzle rise by redirecting the gasses downward. The deflection of these gasses helps counteract the negative effects of muzzle rise. The operator of the firearm may find it simpler to remain on target and to make accurate follow-up shots when necessary.
The inclusion of a crush washer enables you to install it immediately upon arrival. The muzzle brake will fit securely on .223 / 5.56 barrels threaded at ½ x 28 TPI. For those who are interested, this muzzle device is fully compatible with the new Fortis Blast Mitigation Device to reduce concussion and blast. Order yours today for an improved experience using your AR rifle.
Quick Product ...This video is a quick product highlight on the Control Series ...