MPN: R0024 / R0466 / R0467
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / .223 Rem.
- Chamber: .223 Wylde
- Finish: Radian Black, Flat Dark Earth, or Radian OD
- Upper Receiver: Billet Machined 7075-T6 Upper Receiver
- Handguard: Proprietary Extended Aluminum M-LOK Handguard and Integrated Upper/Handguard Stainless Steel Anti-Rotation Pin
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes, Polished Crown and Feed Ramps
- Muzzle Device: Dead Air Flash Hider (Pinned and welded)
- Barrel: 14.5" 1:8 Match Grade 416R Stainless Steel Barrel w/ Pinned Dead Air Flash Hider (16"+ overall length)
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Gas Block: .750" Low-Profile Gas Block
- Gas Tube: Mid-Length Gas Tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: Radian Enhanced Black Nitride M16 Bolt Carrier Group
- Charging Handle: Radian Raptor-SD Suppressor-Optimized Ambidextrous Charging Handle
- Weight: ~4.6 lbs.
- Length: ~23.87"
- AR-15 lower receiver
- 1x Radian Model 1 Complete Upper (14.5" .223 Wylde Barrel)
- 1x Radian Raptor-SD Suppressor-Optimized Ambidextrous Charging Handle
- 1x Radian Enhanced Black Nitride M16 Bolt Carrier Group
The Radian Model 1 is one of the most sought-after AR-15s on the market, and like all products from Radian, it is made with the highest quality raw materials and best CNC machining. Radian makes some of the coolest products when it comes to AR accessories, and this upper receiver comes with the best bolt carrier, receiver, barrel, charging handle, and handguards that Radian has to offer. So, let's get to the details of this complete upper receiver, starting from front to back.
Match Grade Barrel:
The Radian Model 1 Complete Upper comes with a 14.5-inch match-grade barrel with a pinned and welded Dead Air Flash Hider to comply with the 16-inch rifle length. The barrel is made from 416R Stainless Steel, and it has a 1:8 twist rifling, which is ideal for a wide range of 5.56 or .223 bullets, and a polished crown, which helps with bullet stability and overall accuracy. The barrel also has M4 feed ramps for improved reliability.
Reliable And Smooth Gas System:
This Radian 14.5" upper features a low-profile gas block with a mid-length gas tube. Most ARs in the market have a carbine-length gas tube to be the same as military M4s. However, with the longer barrel, the mid-length gas tube is ideal. It results in a smooth shooting experience with suppressors and low-power ammunition.
Modular M-LOK Handguard:
The Radian Model 1 upper comes with an amazing proprietary extended aluminum M-LOK handguard, which looks incredible aesthetically and offers a lot of real estates to mount all your accessories and get a comfortable grip on the rifle. It has M-LOK slots on the sides and the bottom, with a full-length Picatinny rail on top. The handguard attaches to the receiver using stainless steel anti-rotation pins, which ensures that any optics or accessories you mount on it will retain their position.
High-End Upper Receiver:
The upper receiver on the Radian Model 1 is billet machined from super strong and lightweight 7075-T6 Aluminum. It is designed to work with all Mil-Spec bolt carrier groups and features a port door and forward assist. The receiver and handguard on the Model 1 upper are available in multiple finishes, including Radian Black, Flat Dark Earth, or Radian OD green.
M16 Profile Bolt:
This complete upper comes with a Radian Enhanced Black Nitride M16 Bolt Carrier Group. This BCG has a bolt made from Case hardened 9310 steel, and It is also shot-peened for quality and strength. The carrier is made from billet machined case hardened 8620 steel, and the gas key is made from 4130 steel. The gas key is attached to the bolt carrier using 8-grade hardware and is properly staked to ensure a solid fit.
The bolt has a full-auto profile. This doesn't mean it will make your fun full auto, but it has the same profile as a military M4. It is heavier, therefore, resulting in longer locking delays, making the gun smoother to shoot and more reliable.
Suppressor-Optimized Charging Handle:
Lastly, Model 1 uses a Radian Raptor-SD charging handle. It is ambidextrous and has large profile latches that are easy to engage. The charging handle is also suppressor optimized, which means that it can redirect excess gasses out of the chamber to decrease wear on the internals of the rifle when it is over-gassed because of a suppressor.