Are you interested in how a collapsible or folding stock could improve your shooting experience and performance in the field?
At Wing Tactical, we offer our customers high-quality, innovative stock products that will make great additions to any AR platform rifles.
Folding vs. Collapsible Stocks
The difference between a collapsible and fixed stock is obvious, but there are also key distinctions between collapsible and folding models.
A collapsible stock allows you to make adjustments in terms of the length from the trigger to the buttpad, also known as the length of pull. These stocks will extend or retract to cater to different situations and users.
A folding stock, however, offers the ability to fold the stock for storage or simpler carry configurations. If you’re hunting and need to stow your rifle in a pack to keep it out of the rain or snow, for instance, you might find a folding stock useful.
In short, a collapsible stock can adjust to fit different situations and users by virtue of modifying the length of pull on the fly. However, not every folding stock will collapse.
A collapsible stock is designed to be versatile and sturdy while readily adapting to fit different shooters and situations. Collapsible stocks are an excellent option for shooters who are still fine-tuning their length of pull or rifles that will be used by multiple shooters.
A folding stock gives shooters the ability to make their firearms more compact, simplifying storage or carrying. Whether you’re working with limited safe space or need to stow your rifle in a pack while hunting, collapsible stocks offer on-the-fly modification options for shooters.
Benefits of Buying Stocks from Wing Tactical
When customizing your AR platform rifle and making it your own, you want to know you can rely on your components in anything from a home defense situation to a shooting competition. The team at Wing Tactical is committed to bringing you the best combination of a large, industry-leading inventory and excellent customer service to help you be successful in any application.
Some of our benefits include:
- Our stamp of approval – We only sell products that we would use in our own guns.
- No-hassle return policy – If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can return it to us within 30 days for a full refund.
- Military and law enforcement discounts – To recognize the sacrifices made by our service members and law enforcement officers, we provide discounts on the products they need.
- Same-day shipping – Our fast shipping gets your products to your front door as quickly as possible. Orders placed before 1 pm EST are shipped same-day.
Purchase your next collapsible or folding stock from Wing Tactical.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which collapsible and folding stock brands does Wing Tactical carry?
Since your stock is a major point of connection with the firearm, you want it to be rugged and reliable. That's why Wing Tactical sources collapsible stocks from these top manufacturers:
- American Built Arms Company
- Battle Arms Development, Inc.
- Bravo Company MFG, Inc.
- Daniel Defense
- Elftmann Tactical
- FAB Defense
- Fortis MFG
- HM Defense
- Hogue Grips
- Magpul Industries Corp.
- Midwest Industries
- Mission First Tactical
- Odin Works
- Strike Industries
- Vltor Weapon Systems
- WMD Guns
What’s important to look for in a collapsible stock?
There are many parts that make an AR-15 function safely and effectively. A stock plays a vital role in this operation by allowing you to control the rifle, impacting comfort and performance throughout use.
Whether you're in the market for your first collapsible stock or are looking for an upgrade, there are a few things that you should keep in mind throughout your search:
- Build quality – It's essential to pick a well-built stock constructed out of premium materials to give you a secure fit and let you shoot with confidence.
- Design features – Consider whether you want a stock that's light and straightforward or if you'd benefit from add-ons like storage pockets or a cheek swell.
- Form factor and weight – You want a comfortable stock that fits your body and doesn't create any excess stress while serving its function.
What laws should I know regarding collapsible stocks?
When shopping for a new add-on for your AR-15, you first need to check your state's laws and make sure that your firearm falls within the restrictions. These rules and regulations may change with time and the political landscape, so be sure to stay up to date.
What is allowed in one state might not be legal in another, especially when it comes to collapsible, folding, or adjustable stocks. It's wise to make sure you have a thorough understanding of any applicable laws before adding new parts to your AR-15. If you’re looking for more information about local regulations, contact a law enforcement agency or officer in your area.
Should you choose a collapsible stock or a folding stock?
If you’re not sure which stock type to choose, consider the following:
- Application – How will you be using your firearm? If you’re looking to hone your skills with range practice and refine your length of pull, a collapsible stock might be ideal. If you’re an experienced shooter looking to create a purpose-built rifle for hunting or home defense, a folding stock might meet your storage needs.
- Storage and carrying – If you need to stow your rifle in your hunting pack, you have limited case options, or your safe is too small to store full-length rifles, a folding stock could help you achieve your goals.
- Stability – For long-range shooters, component stability is key. If you plan to routinely take shots at multiple hundreds of yards, a stationary stock option might be the best choice.
How do you install a stock on an AR platform rifle?
The stock attaches to the lower receiver by sliding over the buffer tube. Before purchasing a stock product, make sure it’s compatible with your buffer system’s specifications.