Fixed Stocks for AR-15s
AR-15 owners can customize their builds to fit specific needs thanks to this platform's modular design. This flexibility allows you to build a firearm that provides a competitive edge in any situation.
It's essential to choose an AR-15 stock that's comfortable and suits your application to help you shoot at your best. At Wing Tactical, we carry AR-15 fixed stocks that offer rock-solid installation and unbeatable performance.
Fixed vs. Adjustable Stocks
There are two basic types of AR-15 stocks — collapsible and fixed. You can modify a collapsible stock's length, making it an excellent choice for shooters with longer- or shorter-than-average arms or for shooting in groups with people taking turns on the same rifle.
While you can't adjust a fixed stock's length, you also can't beat its rigidity. Fixed stocks are incredibly sturdy, with no wiggle or rattle. If you plan on your rifle being yours alone and won't need to shorten it frequently to slip it into a bag or vehicle, a fixed stock is an excellent choice. Using a fixed stock helps you establish a solid cheek weld in the same spot every time you shoulder the rifle, improving your accuracy.
Adjustable stocks are a subset of fixed stocks with additional features. Though their length of pull is already set, they allow users to modify the cheekpiece or buttpad to create a truly customized fit.
Brands We Carry
At Wing Tactical, we're dedicated to helping you find the best AR-15 parts and accessories. We carry top-quality fixed stocks from industry-leading brands, including:
- Strike Industries
- Magpul Industries Corp.
- Battle Arms Development, Inc.
- American Built Arms Company
- Phase 5 Tactical
- KAK Industry
- Hogue Grips
Fixed Stocks FAQs
What are some situations where fixed stocks are preferred?
Fixed stocks are preferred for sustained field shooting when you're not getting in and out of a vehicle frequently. They're the best choice in any shooting situation where you need rigidity and consistency.
How can I replace my stock?
Use these steps as a guide for replacing your stock:
- Ensure your firearm is empty.
- Remove the existing stock from the extension tube.
- Remove the buffer and spring from the extension tube. Press down on the detent pin to allow them to slide out.
- Loosen the locking ring using an AR armorer's tool.
- Loosen the extension tube slowly while covering the detent pin and spring with your finger.
- Put the buffer spring and pin in place, hold them down and screw in the new extension tube.
- When the springs are properly placed and the tube is finger-tight, tighten the extension tube to the receiver.
- Once you've installed the extension tube, slide the new stock into place. Before pushing it all the way to the receiver body, ensure the takedown spring is in the correct position.
- Install the new rifle buffer and spring inside the extension tube by reversing the removal process — hold the detent spring down, push the buffer past the pin and let the pin go.
Are stocks easy to upgrade?
Stocks are one of the easiest AR-15 parts to upgrade, requiring no special tools or experience. And with numerous brands and styles to choose from, you can customize your stock to any application.
The only thing you need to know when shopping for a new stock is the size of your buffer tube. Many complete AR-15s come from the factory with carbine-length buffer tubes and collapsible stocks, so you may have to change the tube to a rifle-length version to accommodate the new stock you want. Tubes are also sold as either Mil-Spec or commercial — the two have different diameters, so be sure your stock and your buffer tube use the same specifications.
Guarantees When Buying From Wing Tactical
At Wing Tactical, we offer the best products on the market at great prices. When you buy from us, you'll get:
- Satisfaction guarantee: We're here for you before and after your purchase to ensure you're completely satisfied with our products and service. We also maintain a 30-day hassle-free return policy for most of the items we sell.
- Fast shipping: We offer next-day shipping to ensure you get the parts you need as soon as possible.
- Discounts for law enforcement officers and military: As a veteran-owned company, we're proud to offer exclusive discounts to military and law enforcement personnel. Just let us know what department you're with when you set up an account with us, and we'll do the rest.
- Fixed stocks picked and tested by Wing Tactical's expert team: As fellow shooters and gun enthusiasts, we're very selective about the parts we sell. We only offer products we'd use on our own guns, and we back every part we sell with our personal stamp of approval.
Order Your AR-15 Fixed Stock From Wing Tactical Today
Browse our selection of AR-15 fixed and adjustable stocks and place your order online today. You can also reach out to our team with questions or to get help finding the perfect stock for your rifle.