If you're looking to upgrade your current stock or build an AR-15 from scratch, Magpul is a top choice. AR-15 Magpul stocks and kits offer reliable performance in virtually any application.
What Are Magpul Stocks?
Magpul stocks are AR-15 replacement stocks manufactured by Magpul Industries Corp. This American-based company manufactures some of the best AR-15 aftermarket parts and accessories on the market. Their ergonomic stocks make shooting easier and more efficient thanks to their top-quality design and features. Magpul stock kits are some of the most highly sought-after in today’s small arms market.
Wing Tactical offers a few distinct types of stocks:
An adjustable stock allows you to modify its length to fit your application or preferred length of pull. You can adjust it on the fly by pressing the operation lever and sliding the stock backward or forward. On some models, you can also adjust the cheek riser and buttpad.
Fixed stocks are non-adjustable — you can't modify the length. However, your fixed stock will allow you to maintain consistency in your shooting since it fits you the same way every time. Fixed stocks will not wiggle or rattle, making them ideal for use in the field.
Lightweight stocks have a minimalist design, offering only essential features to reduce weight. They can be either fixed or collapsible with a low profile. A lightweight stock's reduced weight makes it the perfect choice for carrying your AR-15 long distances in tactical applications or on a hunt.
A precision stock has adjustment knobs that allow you to make virtually any modification. Because they are fully adjustable, precision stocks provide a more consistent cheek weld for better accuracy. Many precision stocks adjust in micro-increments, allowing you to find your perfect fit.
Guarantees When Shopping at Wing Tactical
At Wing Tactical, we offer top-quality products at competitive prices. When you buy Magpul stocks for AR-15 (and any other firearm components) from us, you'll benefit from our:
- Satisfaction guarantee – We're committed to ensuring your complete satisfaction by assisting you at any point before, during, and after your purchase and offering 30-day hassle-free returns on most of our products.
- Discounts for military and law enforcement officers – Wing Tactical is a veteran-owned company that's proud to offer exclusive deals to service members and law enforcement officers. Let us know your department when you set up your account, and we'll ensure you get your discounts.
- Fast shipping – We provide same-day shipping on every order placed before 1 pm EST to deliver your items as quickly as possible.
- Magpul stockkits are hand-picked by our expert team – At Wing Tactical, we're fellow shooters and gun enthusiasts. We carefully select all the parts we sell, and we only choose products we'd use on our own rifles.
Explore our inventory and order your Magpul stock online today. If you have any questions or need assistance, our knowledgeable, friendly team will be happy to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are common Magpul stock features?
These stocks often include useful features such as:
- Storage compartments – Many Magpul products have weather- and recoil-resistant storage compartments that hold small components like batteries, gun lube, cleaning patches, and small parts.
- Cheek weld – Any stock you choose has ample room for acquiring a positive cheek weld. They are just wide enough to work well without getting in the way.
- Friction lock – Most Magpul adjustable stocks include a friction lock to make them feel as sturdy as fixed stocks. A friction lock eliminates any movement, ensuring highly accurate performance.
- Shielded release latch – The release latch on any adjustable stock is shielded, ensuring that the latch won't snag on brush or gear like unshielded release latches.
- Rubber buttpad – Your stock needs a quality rubber buttpad so you can securely mount and fire your rifle. Magpul stocks have numerous buttpad styles, including options that are slim, replaceable, and adjustable for length of pull and cheek rest height.
- Built-in sling mounts – Magpul products feature built-in sling mounts to meet all your carrying needs. They have mounting points for sling loops and quick detachable sling swivels, so whichever sling you prefer will attach easily.
- Color options – These stocks are available in several colors, including Flat Dark Earth, Black, Stealth Gray, and OD Green. Magpul accessories also come in these colors, so you can build a rifle with a sleek, cohesive look.
What are Magpul stocks made of?
Magpul products are made of reinforced polymer, offering the perfect balance of low weight and high strength. Reinforced polymer is corrosion-resistant and easy to maintain, enhancing the durability and longevity of your stock.
Which stock type is best for your AR rifle?
Your choice of stock type — fixed, adjustable, lightweight, or precision — will likely depend on your shooting application and personal preference. Here’s a brief list of potentially compatible applications for each stock type:
- Fixed – Long-range shooting, single-shooter scenarios (i.e., you won’t be sharing your rifle with someone who needs a different length of pull)
- Adjustable – Range practice, gun-sharing scenarios
- Lightweight – Competition shooting, hunting, home defense, tactical scenarios
- Precision – Hunting, long-range shooting, competition shooting
Does the US military use Magpul?
Various branches of the US military use a selection of Magpul products, their PMAG magazine pullers (Magpul’s flagship product) being the most well-known example.
Does Magpul make good stocks?
Magpul is one of the top aftermarket AR-platform parts manufacturers in the small arms industry today. Their products are highly sought-after by military personnel, law enforcement officers, civilian gun enthusiasts, hunters, and more.