- Top rail sections at front and rear of the rail system for back up sights and optic
- Quick detachable lever allow user to quickly remove the handguard to clean the barrel or change the adjustable gas block settings
- Open venting at 12 o'clock position for better air flow from the barrel and eliminates heat build up
- Compatible with most direct thread suppressors
- 9.6-inch handguard achieves the flushed aesthetic with a 10.3 or 10.5-inch barrel
- 13.8-inch handguard achieves the flushed aesthetic with a 14-inch barrel
- 15.3-inch handguard achieves the flushed aesthetic with a 16-inch barrel
- M-LOK slots at the 3, 6, & 9 o'clock
- 45-degree off-set M-LOK slots in the front for offset light mount
- Aggressive cuts along the sides to aid with gripping and add visual appeal
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Rail: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Locking Handle: 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Barrel Nut: 4140 Steel
- Finish: Mil-Spec Hard-coat Anodized
- Height: 1.96"
- Width: 1.55"
- Length: 15.31"
- Inner Diameter: 1.34"
- Rail: 8.92 oz.
- Barrel Nut: 1.62 oz.
**Clamp torque setting 20 in lbs. Spanner wrench needed to torque barrel nut to spec (not included)
- 1x Fortis SWITCH MOD2 556 M-LOK Rail System
- 1x Locking Handle (installed)
- 1x Steel Barrel Nut (1-7/16 X 16 TPI)
If you’re looking for a rail system that features the ideal number of customization options, this Fortis SWITCH MOD2 556 will be the handguard of your dreams.
Handguards are among the most important devices you will ever purchase for your AR15. They are responsible for protecting your hand from the hot barrel when you’re shooting. While you can purchase a handguard that does not have rail customization options, rail-equipped devices can go a long way toward improving the functionality of your firearm.
The Fortis SWITCH MOD2 556 is the ideal rail system for the AR15. The M-LOK slots at the 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions offer space for additional picatinny rail sections if needed. The top picatinny rail sections provides ample room for your back-up sight and optic. The unique locking system of this rail permits tool-free removal, completely eliminating the frustration of dropped or lost tools.
This rail system is made from aircraft-grade aluminum to ensure its durability when your AR is put to the test. Whether you are a homeowner with a strong desire to protect your family and your property or a competitive shooter with a need for a high-quality rifle, the Fortis SWITCH MOD2 556 will be there for you when you need it most.