- One-piece free float design
- 6 Picatinny rail slots at the front 12 o'clock position and 2 Picatinny slots at receiver junction
- Compatible with all Mil-Spec AR-15 uppers
- 4 Built in QD swivel mounting points front and rear on right and left side
- Four 45-degree full M-LOK surface provide 45-degree mounting option
- M-LOK slots on 7 sides - 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 11 o'clock positions
- Proven Slip fit locking mount design - much more secure than a clamp type mount
- Proven Anti Slip Design keys into barrel nut
- Billet Anti Rotation Insert (black insert included)
- No barrel nut shims required for installation
- Compatible with most known low profile gas blocks
- Barrel nut and wrench included
- Handguard: 6061 Aluminum
- Barrel Nut: 7075 Aluminum
- Finish: Anodize
- Weight (Including Barrel Nut and Hardware):
- 8-Inch: 7.97 oz.
- 10.7-Inch: 9.31 oz.
- 13.7-Inch: 10.79 oz.
- 15.5-Inch: 11.68 oz.
- Inside Diameter: 1.3"
- Height: 2"
- Width: 1.53"
- 1x ION Ultra Lite M-LOK Handguard
- 2x Mounting screws (Requires a 9/64 Hey Wrench for installation, NOT included)
- 1x Anti rotation insert
- 1x Aluminum barrel Nut
- 1x Barrel Nut Wrench
When you’re looking for a lightweight handguard for an AR build, you don’t want some hunk of junk that will twist and warp under pressure. You want reduced weight without compromising the steady hold you need. The SLR Rifleworks ION Ultra Lite M-LOK Handguard is a stable ultra-light handguard that offers security and flexibility to the operator as well as the ease of advanced M-LOK attachment technology.
Advanced Design Makes the ION Ultra Lite M-LOK Handguard an Easy Choice
The SLR ION is a Lightweight M-LOK handguard that uses the Slip Fit locking mount design, a mounting system that is far more secure than common clamp-on mounting systems. The anti-slip design locks onto the barrel nut and is kept steady by the Anti-Rotation Insert. The SLR ION Ultra Lite is compatible with most low-profile gas blocks. This single piece, free-floating handguard features a shim-less installation and ships with the barrel nut and wrench needed for installation packaged with the handguard. Wing Tactical carries the ION Ultra Lite in 8, 10.7, 13.7, and 15.5-inch models. SLR’s design works with virtually every receiver on the market, so whether you prefer a forged or billet receiver, you can have the security and mounting options you want in a lightweight M-LOK handguard.
The SLR ION Ultra Lite Features Flexible Mounting Options
The SLR ION lightweight M-LOK handguard offers the field operator more options for accessories mounting than most competitors’ designers ever dreamed of. ION handguards feature tried and true Picatinny top rails to accommodate the mounting bases on most mainstream optics and sights. Each of these handguards features a seven-sided design that allows the operator to mount accessories at a 45-degree angle. QD swivel sockets make sling and support mounting easy, while ample M-LOK rails let you choose the accessories you want and even swap them out without a lot of hassle.
The ability to adapt is essential. Choose the SLR Rifleworks ION Handguard and give yourself an edge.
Premium Hand Guard
Posted by Den on 24th May 2018
Wing Tactical had the best price and shipping and delivery was quick.
I bought the 15.5” version for my 16” barrel. This worked perfect and allows me to easily install/remove my Fortis Control Shield while still giving maximum length to extend my grip.
Very nice looking product. I use the M-LOK version.
I also like the barrel nut that does not require timing and it came with a nice wrench.
The attachment lugs and anti rotation device are well engineered and work well.
Price is too high IMO but I paid it and really do like it.
Not bad.. not great either.
Posted by J on 5th May 2018
This is a decent handguard. Nice quality, perfect fit.. but it's not $200 nice.. however the 10.7 inch length is absolutely perfect.. I own a few midwest industries g3 handguards and those things are spectacular.. the finish of the slr is a little to glossy.. seems a little cheap and dingy for a $200 piece. If you're looking for something different the slr is a good option.. but theres nicer handguards for less.