- Universal AK handguard design fits most AK-47s,AK-74s, and variants, stamped and milled
- Installs in minutes with no permanent modifications, easy to follow instructions and all tools included
- Lightweight, rugged construction of 6061 aluminum, hard coat anodized for a lifetime of service
- Battle proven patented clamping system: US Patent #625,7655
- M-LOK compatible design with Picatinny top rail
- Two anti-rotation QD sockets for QD sling swivels
- Comes with a Picatinny rail section
- Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Finish: Hardcoat Anodized
- Length: 6"
- Weight: 8.47 oz.
- Height: 2.63"
- AK47 and AK74 and variants
Requirements for fit:
- Barrel diameter of .700 under lower handguard
- Lower furniture length of 6.0 inches, not counting mounting surfaces
- Upper gas tube furniture length of 4.0 inches, not counting mounting surfaces
- 1x Midwest Industries AK upper Picatinny handguard
- 1x Midwest Industries AK lower M-LOK handguard
- 1x Anti-rotation block
- 1x Clamp
- 1x Short set screw
- 2x Long set screw
- 4x Socket head cap screws
- 4x Flat head cap screws
- 4x Allen keys
- 1x M-LOK Picatinny rail section
- 2x Mounting screws
- 2x M-LOK mounting nuts
AK pattern rifles are perhaps the most common sporting rifles in the world. Though AKs with wooden furniture have a charm of their own, many people are looking for more modern options for the tried and tested AK platform. Though modern versions of the AK platform, like the AK-12 and the AK-105, do exist, they are difficult to find in the US. Still, you can make your AK-47 or AK-74 modular by using a modern handguard with Picatinny rails and M-LOK attachment points.
So, if you are thinking about adding some new furniture to your AK, the Midwest Industries AK Handguard is an excellent option.
Lightweight and Rugged
Now, there is no denying that AKs can be a little heavy, especially milled receiver versions, and wooden furniture can contribute a lot to the weight. The Midwest Industries AK Handguard is lighter than most wooden and polymer AK handguards and weighs only 8.47 ounces.
Made from rugged and strong 6061 Aluminum, the handguard is also hardcoat anodized for added durability. It is more resistant to moisture and will last you a lifetime.
Add Modularity to Your Rifle
One of the biggest drawbacks of AK-47s is that they don't have an easy way to mount optics and other modular accessories like flashlights, lasers, and foregrips. Well, with the Midwest Industries AK rail and handguard, you can make your AK modular. The handguard features a Picatinny rail section on the top, with M-LOK mounting points on the sides as well. Mounting different slings is also easier with the Midwest Industries AK handguard since it features two anti-rotation QD sockets for QD sling swivels.
This allows you to customize your AK, and make it a much more versatile and capable platform for self-defense and other applications.
Universal Easy to Install Design
The Midwest industries M-LOK Handguard has a universal design that works with all kinds of AK-47 and AK-74 variants, both milled and stamped receiver versions. It is 6 inches long and is quite easy to install. The Midwest Industries handguard uses a battle-proven patented clamping system, ensuring a perfect and secure fit with your AK. You don't have to make any permanent modifications to your rifles, and by following the provided instructions, you can have a modern and modular AK in minutes.