MPN: NM556B16M1-8GP / NM556B16M1-8GP
- Made from high-quality barrel blanks
- Chambered for 5.56mm NATO, but will also work with .223 Rem.
- Precision button rifling to improve accuracy
- NiB-X nickel boron barrel extension for smooth bolt unlock
- Checked for head-spacing
- Nitroment (salt bath nitrocarburized) hardened finish inside and out - bore life 40% greater than chrome-lining
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO /.223 Remington
- Length: 16"
- Profile: Government
- Barrel Exterior: Nitroment
- Bore: Nitroment
- Extension: NiB-X Nickel Boron
- Gas Placement: Mid-Length
- Gas Seat: 0.750"
- Twist Rate: 1:8
- Weight: 1 lb 11.65 oz.
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2”-28
When you’re looking for you next AR15 16-inch barrel there are a lot of different options out there. You’ll have to decide what’s most important to you and use that criteria to steer you toward the right barrel. If long wear and accuracy are among your highest priorities, Wing Tactical has an outstanding AR-15 5.56 barrel option in WMD Guns Mid-Length 5.56 Nitromet Barrel with NiB-X Extension.
Match Grade Manufacturing
WMD’s match grade AR15 16-inch barrel is manufactured with a 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium blank. It’s chambered for 5.56mm NATO and given 1:8 twist button rifling for accuracy that’s hard to beat. The barrel exterior is turned down to a standard government profile and it’s pre-drilled for a mid-length gas system, ready to accommodate your choice of .750” gas blocks.
Next Generation Coating Make a Difference
WMD Guns uses next generation proprietary processes to create surface coatings that make their barrels superior to many you might find on the open market. WMD uses a salt bath nitrocarburized coating method to produce the Nitromet finish that covers the bore and exterior of their match grade AR-15 5.56 barrel. Nitromet coating is more durable than traditional chrome coatings, resulting in a 40% greater bore life than Mil-Spec coatings.
In addition to the Nitromet barrel finish, the WMD 5.56 match grade barrel also uses a NiB-X coated barrel extension. The superior toughness and self-lubricity of WMD’s exclusive NiB-X coating create conditions that allow for exceptionally smooth operation of the completed weapon system, especially if the system includes a NiB-X coated bolt or complete bolt carrier group.