- Made from high-quality barrel blanks
- Chambered for 5.56mm NATO, but will also work with .223 Rem.
- Precision button rifling to improve accuracy
- NiB-X nickel boron barrel extension for smooth bolt unlock
- Checked for head-spacing
- NiB-X nickel boron finish for outstanding surface wear resistance and heat dissipation
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Length: 16"
- Profile: Government
- Barrel Exterior: NiB-X Nickel Boron
- Bore: Nitroment
- Extension: NiB-X Nickel Boron
- Gas Placement: Mid-Length
- Gas Seat: 0.750"
- Twist Rate: 1:8
- Weight: 1 lb 11.8 oz.
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2”-28
When you decide to build an AR-15 rifle, there are a lot of options you need to consider. The variables involved in barrel selection alone could very well be maddening. if you want a high-quality 5.56 barrel that brings a lot of value to the table, WMD Guns 16" Mid-Length 5.56 NiB-X Nickel Boron Barrel makes an awesome choice.
WMD NIB Barrel: Manufactured and Coated for Better Performance
4150 Steel Machined Right
WMD Guns 16” 5.56 barrel is built to work in the real world. This quality 16” 5.56 barrel is pre-tapped for a mid-length gas system. The government profile 4150 steel barrel features true 5.56 NATO chambering, and 1:8 button rifling to keep your bullet in good trim as you send it down range.
Advanced NIB-X Coatings
WMD uses their own advanced coating methods to produce barrels with superior surface durability and wear resistance. The NiB-X barrel features a Nitromet nitride bore. Their Nitromet treatment is superior to chrome in longevity as well as accuracy and provides a measure of self-lubricity that gives the NiB-X barrel an edge on others. Nitromet is easy to clean, wears longer and requires less additional lubricant than chrome coatings traditionally used in barrel chambers.
WMD’s proprietary nickel boron finishing process NiB-X is used on the exterior of the 5.56 barrel to provide more efficient heat dissipation and resistance to surface wear that’s difficult to find elsewhere. The WMD 16” 5.56 barrel includes a NiB-X coated barrel extension that allows for smoother operation than traditional coatings, especially when teamed with WMD’s NiB-X bolts and complete bolt carrier groups.