- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized
- Upper Receiver: BA AR-15 Enhanced Upper - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 9-Inch BA Logic M-LOK Handguard
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: Not Included
- Barrel: BA Performance Series 10.3" 1:7 QPQ Coated 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Hanson Barrel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Gas Block: BA .750" Low-Profile Gas Block
- Gas Tube: Carbine Length Melonite Gas Tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
*This upper receiver assembly has a barrel that is shorter than 16". This upper is only for use on AR pistol lower receivers and NFA registered Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR) lower receivers. All NFA laws apply!
- Weight: ~2.45 lbs.
- Overall Length: ~17.5"
- AR-15 lower receiver
- 1x Ballistic Advantage 10.3" 5.56 Hanson Carbine Complete Upper
AR pistols and SBRs can be excellent PDWs and are becoming extremely popular. If you are thinking about building a super compact AR-15, you need to check out the 10.3'' 5.56 Hanson Carbine Complete Upper from Ballistic Advantage.
Ballistic Advantage makes a wide range of excellent AR-15 products, and this complete upper is one of the best options for short ARs. It comes with a 10.3-inch Hanson Profile Barrel, which offers incredible performance. The Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile barrels have a unique shoulder-less design which allows them to symmetrically limit barrel “whip”. This results in more accurate follow-up shots, especially when shooting fast or at full auto.
The barrel is made from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel, the same kind of steel used to make military M4 barrels; and is stronger than simple stainless steel and has better corrosion and heat resistance properties.
This upper assembly comes with the BA Logic M-LOK Handguard, which is made from 6061-T6 Aluminum and is 9 inches in length. It features M-LOK slots at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock and has OD sling mounts as well. The top has a continuous Picatinny rail for mounting optics, sights, and other accessories.
The BA AR15 Enhanced Upper Receiver is forged from 7075-T6 aluminum and has a Mil-Spec profile with a forward assist and port door. It also features M4 feed ramps for better feeding reliability.