- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized
- Upper Receiver: BA AR-15 Enhanced Upper - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 12-Inch BA Logic M-LOK Handguard
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: Not Included
- Barrel: BA Performance Series 13.9" 1:7 QPQ Coated 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Hanson Barrel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Gas Block: BA .750" Low-Profile Gas Block
- Gas Tube: Mid-Length Melonite Gas Tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
- Weight: ~2.93 lbs.
- Overall Length: ~21.1"
- AR-15 lower receiver
- 1x Ballistic Advantage 13.9" 5.56 Hanson Mid-Length Complete Upper
If you want to build a cool SBR or AR pistol for personal defense, or any other application, you should check out the Ballistic Advantage Hanson Mid-Length Complete Upper.
Starting with the barrel, this upper assembly features an excellent 13.9-inch Hanson Profile barrel. The Ballistic Advantage Hanson profile barrels are made with a shoulder-less design and have a lower barrel “whip”. This increases accuracy when firing at high speeds or in full auto.
The barrel is made from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel, the same kind of steel used to make Mil-Spec barrels. It is more resistant to heat and corrosion and is stronger than simple stainless steel. This upper comes with a low-profile gas block with a melonite-coated mid-length gas tube. This gas tube also allows for better high-heat performance and is more corrosion-resistant.
This upper assembly comes with a 12" AR15 BA Logic M-LOK Handguard. This handguard has M-LOK slots at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions and a full top Picatinny rail for mounting optics and other accessories.