- Works with AR-15 barrels and receivers
- Ultimate tool for barrel nut installs or removal
- Excellent for removing stubborn/seized barrel nuts without damaging upper
- Designed for muzzle device installs and will not damage index pin
- Can be used to install forward assist/port door cover
- Compatible with forged and billet upper receivers
- Machined from 4140 Ordnance grade steel
- Durable Black Oxide finished for years of use
- Will not mar or damage exterior of upper receiver
- Receiver mounted sights can be left installed
- Can be installed horizontally or vertically in bench vise
- Material: 4140 Ordnance Grade Steel
- Finish: Black Oxide
- Weight: 2.5 lbs.
- Length: 12"
- Diameter: 1"
*Not compatible with 9mm and rimfire barrels
*Not compatible with DPMS G2 308
*Not compatible with SIG MCX VIRTUS / SIG MCX RATTLER
If you regularly work on your AR rifles or like to build them, you need to have an upper receiver rod. Typically, you have to put your receiver into an action block to mount it on a vice, which can be quite frustrating. The typical action block, though inefficient, allows you to hold your rifle in a vice for working, but it can also damage the exterior finish of your receiver.
How It Works:
A receiver rod slides into an AR receiver and locks into the star pattern slots of the barrel instead of holding the receiver from the outside. The rod can then be mounted onto a vice, and it gives you a sturdy platform to work from. Also, the great thing about using a receiver rod is that you don't need to remove your sights or optics to use it.
Offer Much More Than A Standard Action Block
The Midwest industries AR-15 Upper Receiver Rod is ideal for a variety of jobs, especially for removing stubborn or seized barrel nuts. You can also use them to mount your rifle and install new barrels, muzzle devices, sights, handguards, and even a port door or forward assist.
The Midwest Industries AR-15 Upper Receiver Rod is made from 4140 Ordnance grade steel and has a durable black oxide finish. It provides a solid working platform and will not bend or get damaged easily.