Northtech Defense 14.5" .223 Wylde Ultra Precision Fluted Barrel
- Made from the best barrel blanks in the industry
- Certified barrel quality material grade, heat treated and stress relieved
- Ultra-precision button rifling, which has been proven to perform to the highest levels of shooting accuracy in the industry
- Each barrel extension is precision matched to each barrel
- Checked for headspacing with a master bolt face
- NTD logo precision CNC engraved on each side of the muzzle end
- Fine bead blasted and precision fluted.
- Northtech Defense signature barrel contour
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO /.223 Remington
- Length: 14.5"
- Gas Placement: Mid-Length
- Gas Seat: 0.750"
- Twist Rate: 1:8
- Weight: 2 lb 5.7 oz.
- Material: 416R Stainless Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2”-28
If you are interested in a lighter barrel and a cool new look for your AR15, take a look at the Northtech Defense .223 Wylde Ultra Precision Fluted Barrel. This barrel is chambered for 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington.
Barrel fluting is a procedure designed to lighten the weight of a barrel. The process can also help the barrel cool down by increasing the surface area.
If a rifle is fired repeatedly for an extended period of time, the barrel will eventually become hot. The accuracy of the weapon can become altered as it warms up, leading to a decreased ability to hit the target. This altered accuracy can be a real disadvantage for those who spend a lot of time firing their rifles, such as competitive shooters and those who frequent the shooting range. Fluting can help diminish the negative effects of a heated barrel, as well as adding a “tacticool” element to the appearance of your rifle.
The ultra-precision button rifling of the Northtech Defense fluted barrel performs to the highest level of accuracy in the gun world. If you want high-quality looks without sacrificing performance, the Northtech Defense .223 Wylde Ultra Precision Barrel may be just right for you!