- Integral Slim 3-Port Muzzle Brake (Would not interfere gas block installation)
- Pencil profile - ideal balance of weight and performance
- Button rifled for better accuracy
- Fully stress relieved, Air-gauge tested
- All Faxon Firearms 16" 5.56 Pencil Profile Barrels are individually checked for headspace
- M4 coated barrel extension
- Nitride treated inside and out
- 11-degree target crown to ensure superior accuracy
- Magnetic Particle Inspected
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Gas Seat: 0.625"
- Twist Rate: 1:8
- Material: 4150 CMV
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Bore Finish: Nitride
- Outside Finish: Nitride
- Gas Placement: Mid-Length
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.1"
- Weight: 1 lb 3.2 oz.
Faxon barrels are a good choice regardless of length or profile, but their pencil barrels are highly versatile and fulfill different shooting needs very well. Ideal for reducing the weight of your AR-15, this type of barrel can benefit competition shooters and non-competition shooters alike by providing a quick handing carbine. Faxon barrels are an excellent way to customize your AR-15 to obtain the shooting experience that you want without the assistance of a gun smith.
How the Faxon Pencil Barrel Enhances Your Shooting Experience
The Faxon pencil barrel’s maneuverability and reduced weight greatly improves the overall experience of shooting an AR-15.
As with all pencil barrels, this model heats up quickly, but also cools down quickly, ideal for handling and storing quickly when time matters such as during a shooting competition or for home defense purposes.
Why Choose Faxon’s Pencil Barrel
Faxon’s pencil barrel is made of 4150 CMV Steel, which is manufactured from raw bar, and is finished with a nitride salt bath both inside and outside.
Faxon Firearms strives to offer the greatest value while not sacrificing quality. To accomplish this, Faxon only uses high quality materials. All Faxon barrels are manufactured in-house, then tested and inspected carefully for quality assurance, giving customers the satisfaction of purchasing American made products that were produced with careful attention to detail.