MPN: 15BW8M14NPQ-5R-NP3 / 15BW8M16NPQ-5R-NP3
- .223 Wylde chamber - safely fire either .223 Rem or 5.56 NATO ammo
- Pencil profile - ideal balance of weight and performance
- 5R button rifling for better accuracy
- Magnetic particle Inspection (MPI), air-gauge tested, and fully stress relieved
- All Faxon .223 Wylde match barrels are individually checked for headspace
- NP3 coated barrel extension
- Nitride treated inside and out
- 11-degree target crown to ensure superior accuracy
- QPQ Nitride corrosion resistant finish
*A barrel that is shorter than 16" is only for use on a pistol configuration firearm or a NFA registered Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR). All NFA laws apply!
- Caliber: .223 Rem / 5.56 NATO
- Chamber: .223 Wydle
- Gas Seat: 0.625"
- Twist Rate: 1:8 Twist
- Material: 416R Stainless Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes (NP3 Nickel Teflon Coated)
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Bore Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Outside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Gas Placement:
- 14.5-Inch: Mid-Length
- 16-Inch: Mid-Length
- 14.5-Inch: 1 lb 2.4 oz.
- 16-Inch: 1 lb 3.1 oz.
- AR-15 upper receivers
Every shooter wants the best quality barrel on the market when it’s time to build a new match grade rifle. Don’t take chances, trust the same lightweight AR barrel manufacturer that 2A Armament and Robar choose for their own performance builds. Faxon Match Series pencil profile .223 Wylde AR barrels are the perfect combination of reduced weight and performance.
Faxon Quality from Start to Finish
Faxon Firearms manufactures each of their barrels in-house for a level of control and responsibility that’s second to none. From Raw 416R Stainless blanks through every step of the manufacturing process, Faxon’s 16” and 14.5” pencil barrel is carefully crafted to be the premier .223 Wylde AR barrel you need to make the match rifle you deserve.
These barrels include features that make them a breed apart, even among competition grade barrels. This Faxon Barrel is rifled with revolutionary 5R hybrid rifling that takes advantage of the accuracy or the .223 Wylde’s strengths and translates them flawlessly down range for results that no other barrel can produce.
Superior Coatings Ensure Long Life and Accuracy
Faxon’s barrel extension is NP3 Nickle-Teflon coated for self-lubricity, quality fit between your receiver and the extension and corrosion resistance that will keep your barrel in service for years to come with accuracy that won’t fade away. The smooth as silk and tough as nails QPQ nitride coating Faxon gives their match series lightweight AR barrel a quality barrel life and a bore that won’t distort. QPQ Nitride also offers superior resistance to the effects of corrosion from environmental factors and corrosive powder residues.