- Made from high-quality 4150 CMV steel barrel blanks
- High pressure tested (HPT) and Magnetic particle Inspection (MPI)
- Coated with QPQ corrosion resistant finish
- Caliber: .308 Win.
- Profile: Tactical Profile
- Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Gas Placement: Mid-Length
- Gas Seat: 0.750"
- Twist Rate: 1:10
- Weight: 2.26 lbs.
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 5/8”-24
- DPMS Gen I pattern LR308 rifles
*Will not fit DPMS Gen 2 pattern rifles
Aero Precision is known for making some of the highest quality AR parts and accessories, and if you want to build an AR chambered in .308, you should check out their Tactical Government Profile .308 CMV Barrel.
This barrel is made from 4150 CMV steel. This steel is more robust than standard stainless steel, is more corrosion resistant, and has better heat dissipation properties as well, so you can use it longer and more sustainably. Moreover, the QPQ corrosion-resistant finish also increases the longevity of this barrel.
The barrel is also HPT and MPI. HPT stands for high-pressure testing, and MPI stands for magnetic particle inspection. Both these methods are used to ensure that the steel is strong and has no minor imperfections.
This barrel has a government profile with a mid-length gas port placement. The rifling inside this barrel has a twist rate of 1:10, which is ideal for shooting a wide range of .308 projectiles, with ideal ballistics and stability. This barrel also has a muzzle thread pitch of 5/8”-24 and can work with a wide range of muzzle devices.