- Made from high-quality 416R Stainless Steel barrel blanks
- High pressure tested (HPT) and Magnetic particle Inspection (MPI)
- Lightweight fluted design
- Bead blasted finish
- Caliber: .308 Win.
- Profile: Heavy / Fluted
- Finish: Bead Blasted
- Gas Placement: Rifle-Length
- Gas Seat: 0.750"
- Twist Rate: 1:10
- Weight: 2.82 lbs.
- Material: 416R Stainless Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 5/8”-24
- DPMS Gen I pattern LR308 rifles
*Will not fit DPMS Gen 2 pattern rifles
You need to have a good high-quality barrel on any rifle. If you are building a rifle chambered in .308, then the Aero Precision 18-Inch Fluted .308 Stainless Steel Barrel is an excellent option.
Lightweight Heavy Profile
This barrel is made from high-quality 416R Stainless steel barrel blanks. It has a heavy profile for better performance. However, to keep the weight down, the barrel is fluted, which can also help in heat dissipation by increasing the external surface area of the barrel.
HPT and MPI
Every Aero Precision barrel, including this one, is high pressure tested (HPT) and Magnetic particle Inspected (MPI) to ensure there aren't any micro surface cracks on the metal.
The barrel is 18 inches long and has a rifle-length gas port placement, which is perfect for its length. The barrel is threaded with a 5/8" -24 and has 1:10 twist rate rifling.