- Mil-Spec 6-position buffer tube
- Ramped design for easy stock installation
- Threads machined to allow stock to fully collapse
- Drain holes located in position guide holes
- Buffer retainer support extension
- Engraved Aero "A" logo
- Accepts all Mil-Spec dimension stocks
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Material: 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Buffer Tube: 3.88 oz.
- Buffer: 3.84 oz.
- Finish: Hard Coat Anodized
- 1x Aero Precision Enhanced Carbine Buffer Tube
- 1x .308 Carbine Spring
- 1x .308 Carbine Buffer
- 1x Locknut (Castle Nut)
- 1x End Plate
When you're firing .308 from an AR platform, you feel it. And if your shoulder is a little achy at the end of the range day, think about the work your carbine's buffer did to redirect all that recoil and keep you from wearing a real bruise. Wear and tear are serious concerns here, so replacing your factory standard buffer tube system with a new Aero Precision M5 .308 Enhanced Carbine Buffer Tube Kit is a worthwhile investment.
The Enhanced Buffer Tube features extended carrier extensions to guide the buffer as it moves, reducing wear and tear and the dreaded "carrier tilt trap" that can gnaw on the internals of your rifle unnoticed until it's too late. The upgraded system also traps the retaining pin in such a way to prevent it from failing at the worst possible moment.
If you're checking out new buffer tube systems, chances are you've already got a high-speed multi-position stock, maybe even a stock that folds. Aero Precision's M5 .308 Enhanced Carbine Buffer Tube Kit's threads are properly machined, clean, and at the correct height so that your Mil-Spec stock won't bind up as it opens and closes. You'll find that the ramped tube also helps install your stock without tools or frustration.