- Caliber: .308 Win
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized Finish
- Upper Receiver: Aero Precision M5 Upper (DPMS High Profile) - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 12.7-Inch ATLAS R-ONE Handguard
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 16-Inch 1:10 QPQ Coated 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 5/8"-24 TPI
- Gas Block: Aero .750" Low-Profile Gas Block
- Gas Tube: Mid-Length Gas Tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
- HP and MPI Tested
- Weight: ~4.25 lbs.
- Overall Length: ~25.75"
- DPMS LR-308 style lower receivers
- 1x Aero Precision 16" .308 CMV M5 Complete Upper w/ 12" Atlas Handguard
Adequate bullet diameter, velocity, and manageable recoil are the names of the game with Aero Precision 16" .308 CMV M5 Complete Upper. If you want to build a rifle that holds its own at long range and is dead-on at medium range, then this complete upper is for you. Most big game hunter owns a rifle chambered in .308 due to its power, accuracy, and variety of use cases.
The Atlas handguards are lightweight and appropriately sized to provide an outstanding balance between real estate for attachments and ease of use for the shooter. Aero Precision has managed to provide a dependable and sturdy system that maintains a slim profile without affecting the shooting capabilities of the rifle.
The top Picatinny rail lets you attach almost any optic you want. The three QD sling sockets provide excellent carrying ergonomics.
Become The Prolific Hunter You Want to Be
The .308 Win is one of the best all-purpose rounds. From shooting down a deer to a grizzly, the .308 can do it all for you. This upper assembly will provide you with a reliable and accurate hunting rifle.
The mid-length gas tube is perfectly suited for the 16” barrel, providing enough back pressure to adequately chamber the next round with minimal recoil. The barrel is made of CMV steel just like the Mil-Spec rifles and is QPQ coated, providing unmatched corrosion resistance.
The barrel is HP and MPI tested, providing you peace of mind regarding its longevity and reliability. The 1.5" inside diameter can accommodate most muzzle devices and suppressors, making your rifle ready for any hunt. This is your gateway to big game hunting!