- Caliber: .308 Win
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized Finish
- Upper Receiver: Aero Precision M5 Upper (DPMS High Profile) - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 12.7-Inch ATLAS R-ONE M-LOK Handguard
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 16-Inch 1:10 416R Stainless Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 5/8"-24 TPI
- Gas Block: Aero .750" Low-Profile Gas Block
- Gas Tube: Mid-Length Gas Tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
- HP and MPI Tested
- Weight: ~4.24 lbs.
- Overall Length: ~25.75"
- DPMS LR-308 style lower receivers
- 1x Aero Precision 16" .308 SS M5 Complete Upper w/ 12" Atlas Handguard
If you want to build a .308 chambered AR pattern rifle, you need to check out this M5 complete upper from Aero precision. This rifle configuration complete upper is ideal for your next AR build and is suitable for a wide range of applications.
This upper assembly comes with a 16-inch barrel made from 416R Stainless Steel. It comes with a 1:10 twist rifling, which is ideal for most .308 bullet profiles. It is threaded with a 5/8"-24 thread pitch and comes equipped with an A2 flash hider from the factory. The barrel is also high pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected to make sure that it doesn't have any micro fractures on the surface of the steel.
This upper features a mid-length gas system. This ensures reliable operation even under adverse conditions while not building excessive pressure in the chamber. The low-profile gas system is covered by an Aero precision Atlas M-LOK Handguard. This modular handguard is made from aluminum and has a slim profile. It has M-Lok slots on three sides, with Picatinny rails on top.
The receiver is also made from 7075-T6 Aluminum. It has a DPMS high profile and fits perfectly with the receiver. Like most AR platform receivers, the Aero Precision 16" .308 SS M5 Upper Receiver also features a forward assist and a port door.