- High Pressure Tested (HPT) and Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Made from Mil-Spec standards Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel (CMV)
- Button rifling for accuracy
- QPQ corrosion resistant finish
- Pinned with VG6 Epsilon 556SL give you 16"+ overall length
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Gas Seat: 0.750"
- Gas Placement: Mid-Length
- Twist Rate: 1:7 Twist
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Finish: QPQ Corrosion Resistant
- Weight: 1.63 lbs.
In any AR-15 built, it is essential to use a high-quality barrel. Moreover, if you are looking for a lightweight barrel for your AR-15 build, then Aero Precision is an excellent option. This barrel is 14.5 inches long; however, it has a pinned and welded Epsilon 556 SL muzzle device on its end, which makes it a little longer than 16 inches, meeting the legal requirement for a rifle. This means that this barrel will be lighter than a standard 16-inch barrel, and it weighs only 1.63 lbs.
Lighter and Better
The barrel is made from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, which is super durable and has better heat and corrosion resistance properties than ordinary steel. In addition, the barrel has a 1:7 Twist rate rifling and a mid-length gas placement.
Less Recoil and Muzzle Rise
The Epsilon 556 SL muzzle device has two gas ports on both sides, which redirect muzzle gasses to decrease felt recoil and muzzle rise significantly. Which makes your rifle easier to shoot and allows for faster target acquisition.
Like all other Aero precision Barrels, this barrel is also High Pressure Tested (HPT) and Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI) to ensure quality and avoid any micro cracks on the surface of the metal.