- High Pressure Tested (HPT) and Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Made from Mil-Spec standards Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel (CMV)
- Button rifling for accuracy
- QPQ corrosion resistant finish
- Pinned with VG6 Epsilon 556SL give you 16"+ overall length
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Gas Seat: 0.750"
- Gas Placement: Mid-Length
- Twist Rate: 1:7 Twist
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Finish: QPQ Corrosion Resistant
- Weight: 1.65 lbs.
For a legal rifle, the barrel has to be 16 inches long. Add a muzzle device to it, and the overall length of your rifle becomes even longer. Well, if you want to keep your rifle as short as possible without making it an SBR, then the 14.5-inch barrel with a pinned and welded Gamma 556 SL muzzle break from Aero Precision is an excellent option.
The barrel is made from Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, which is more durable, and heat resistant than normal stainless steel. The barrel is also High Pressure Tested (HPT) and Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI) to ensure there aren't any cracks or micro deformities in the metal.
The barrel has button rifling for higher accuracy with a 1:7 Twist. It has a mid-length gas port placement, which is ideal for a 14.5-inch barrel. The VG6 Epsilon 556 SL muzzle break has three angled ports on both sides, and it can dramatically reduce perceived recoil and muzzle rise. It is permanently pinned and welded on the barrel with perfect timing.
Overall, this barrel is an excellent way to add a large muzzle brake to your barrel without increasing the overall length of your rifle.