MPN: APAR700754M5 / APAR700764M5
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized or Cerakoted Flat Dark Earth
- Upper Receiver: Aero Precision Thunder Ranch Edition M4E1 Threaded Upper - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 12-Inch ATLAS R-ONE Handguard
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: VG6 Precision Delta 556 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 14.5" 1:7 QPQ Coated 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Barrel w/ Pinned Flash Hider (16.3" Total Barrel Length)
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Gas Block: Aero .750" Low-Profile Gas Block
- Gas Tube: Mid-Length Gas Tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
- Comes with Magpul Back Up Sights Gen2 (MBUS) - Front and Rear
- HP and MPI Tested
- Weight: ~3.07 lbs.
- Length: ~23.38"
- AR-15 lower receiver
- 1x Aero Precision Thunder Ranch Edition 14.5" M4E1 5.56 Mid-Length Upper Assembly
- 1x Magpul Back Up Front Sight
- 1x Magpul Back Up Rear Sight
Looking to complete your AR-15 build with a high-quality upper assembly? Well, the Thunder Ranch Edition upper assembly from Aero Precision is a great option to consider.
It goes without saying that the upper receiver, barrel, gas system, and handguard are some of the key elements of an AR-15, which affect everything from accuracy, reliability, and recoil impulse, to the feel and appearance of your rifle. Therefore, if you want an AR-15 that works in a wide variety of roles, accurately, reliably, and comfortably, make sure to check out the Aero Precision Thunder Ranch Upper.
Accurate and Reliable Barrel
The Aero Precision Thunder Ranch Upper comes with a high-quality barrel, made from Chrome Moly Vanadium. Better known as CMV, Chrome Moly Vanadium is a steel alloy, which is made from combining impurities with steel that make it stronger and more stable at higher temperatures. Moreover, with the QPQ coating, the barrel is more corrosion resistant as well.
CMV barrels are used in Mil-Spec M4s and M16s and are designed for sustained fire from fully automatic rifles. Therefore, with your semi-auto AR-15, this CMV barrel will last a lifetime.
The barrel is also threaded with a 1/2"-28 TPI thread pattern and comes with a pinned VG6 Precision Delta 556 Flash Hider to get the 16-inch legal rifle length.
Smooth Shooting Upper
The Aero Precision Thunder Ranch Edition M4E1 upper has an Aero .750" Low-Profile Gas Block, with a mid-length gas tube. This can make the rifle smoother to shoot, improve reliability, and decrease the perceived recoil as well.
Modern, Modular M-LOK Handguard
The upper assembly also includes a high-quality handguard, which has a Picatinny rail on top, along with M-LOK slots on the sides for mounting accessories. The 12-inch ATLAS R-ONE Handguard features the Aero Taper Lock Attachment System, which eliminates the distortion of the handguard under rigged use. The handguard is machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum and also has quick disconnect sling sockets at the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions
Durable and Lightweight Upper Receiver
The receiver on the Aero Precision Thunder Ranch Edition M4E1 upper is made from high-quality 7075-T6 Aluminum and has a Type III Class 2 Hardcoat anodized finish for added durability. The receiver also has M4 feed ramps, which can improve reliability. You also get the cool Thunder Ranch Logo on the tang of the handguard.
No Forward Assist
Well, one of the biggest debates regarding the AR-15 platform is the necessity of the forward assist. We don't know which side of the argument you are on, but the Aero Precision Thunder Ranch upper does not feature a forward assist.