- The RBF features a reinforced tip that is 10% larger than TDP (Technical Data Package) Spec
- It retains the TDP buffer retainer's round tip, so it doesn't have to be timed like the rectangular tip
- Heat treated to H900 hardness
- Stainless steel corrosion-resistant spring
- Compatible with all Mil-Spec lower receivers
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Material: 17-4 Stainless Steel
- Finish: Heat Treated to H900 Hardness
- Weight: 0.07 oz.
- AR-15 and AR-10 with Carbine Receiver Extensions or Vltor A5 System Receiver Extension
- 1x Forward Controls Design AR-15 Reinforced Buffer Retainer
- 2x Buffer Retainer Springs (Only comes when the kit is selected)
If you are looking to upgrade your AR-15 buffer retainer, the Forward Controls Reinforced Buffer retainer (RBF) is an excellent choice.
Upgrade to stronger materials with the Forward Controls Buffer Retainer Spring
Forward Controls saw that shooters needed a stronger AR-15 buffer retainer, and they fulfilled that need with this product.
The average factory buffer retainer spring on the AR-15 is made of low-quality materials. Over time, these wear out even from regular use, and it is not uncommon for shooters to experience jams as a result. Improve your shooting experience by maximizing your AR-15’s parts' useful life and preventing jams with this buffer retainer spring.
Made from 17-4 stainless steel, heat-treated to H900 hardness, and made with swiss machines, this is one of the strongest options available on the market. If you are building an AR-15, this is an excellent choice to contribute to a strong build. If you have modified an existing AR-15, upgrading with this part can help it function better with the other aftermarket parts you have upgraded it with.
Note on Installation
While some gun owners choose to have a gunsmith install their AR-15 buffer retainer, most people can do it themselves.
It can be a fairly simple install if you have the knowledge or experience of disassembling your AR-15, but it has the potential to cause problems if installed incorrectly.
If you are unsure if you can install this part by yourself, it is recommended that you arrange for a gunsmith to install this spring kit for you.