MPN: TP-G17B-X / TP-G17B-XBC / TP-G17B-XG
- Easy to install drop-in design
- Advanced proprietary broach cut design specifically engineered for increased accuracy potential
- Broach cut 6-groove rifling allows for all ammo types to be used safely, including cast lead
- 100% Designed and manufactured in the USA with USA sourced certified steel
- 9mm 1/10 RH twist rifling
- Special 11-degree competition style target crown
- Fully supported SAAMI spec chamber
- Improved overall fit from OEM with added chamfers, improved radius cuts, and other additions for a better than OEM Glock 17 barrel
- Assorted specialty coatings and finishes to choose from
- Caliber: 9mm Luger
- Length: 4.47"
- Material: 416R Stainless Steel
- Barrel Diameter: 0.569"
- Black DLC
- Stainless Steel
- Titanium Nitride (Gold)
- Weight: 3.88 oz.
- Twist Rate: 1:10
- Glock 17 (Gen 1 to 4)
The Glock 17 pistol has become a popular handgun for civilians, LEOs and professionals who need a light-weight, high-capacity weapon for self-defense. However, as fine a firearm as the Glock 17 is, production costs dictate how much precision can be built into the pistol. The Glock 17 barrel, as produced in Glock’s factory, has generous tolerances. This is unavoidable for mass production firearms. The G17 barrel would need expensive hand fitting to eliminate excess slop in the fit of the barrel to the frame and slide. For handguns, “generous tolerances” translate to inconsistent groups, especially if you need follow-up shots to deal with threats.
Improved Lock Up, Improved Accuracy
True Precision manufactures a stainless steel Glock 17 fluted barrel that is a drop-in replacement for the OEM barrel. Enlarging the lock up and lug areas, in this aftermarket barrel, fill the space in the frame that factory made barrels leave. Tighter fit to the frame means less movement of the barrel, as well as more consistent lock up. A tighter fit means improved accuracy.
The Weight Factor
Though the Glock’s polymer construction makes it lighter than a steel frame pistol, weight is always a factor for an everyday carry firearm. The Glock 17 fluted barrel, available from True Precision, has four evenly spaced channels milled into the stainless steel. The fluting has no effect on the G17 barrel’s strength, but it does shave addition weight from the entire handgun.
*Please note that the darkness of the coating is different from batch to batch, and might not look the same as pictures shown.
This product is not manufactured, authorized, endorsed, or warranted by GLOCK. GLOCK does not warrant or represent that this product is compatible with GLOCK pistols.
“GLOCK” is a federally registered trademark of GLOCK, Inc. and is one of many trademarks owned by GLOCK, Inc. and GLOCK Ges.m.b.H. Neither Wing Tactical, LLC nor this site are affiliated in any manner with, or otherwise endorsed by, GLOCK, Inc. or GLOCK Ges.m.b.H. The use of “GLOCK” on this page is merely to advertise the sale of GLOCK pistols, parts, or components. For additional genuine GLOCK, Inc. and GLOCK Ges.m.b.H products and parts visit www.glock.com.