- Pass US Coast Guards' tortuous endurance testing requirements
- Designed for extremely rapid follow-up shots with the hard-hitting 7.62mm NATO caliber M-14 service rifle
- Provides 25-35% decrease in felt recoil and nearly 100% decrease in muzzle climb over USGI flash suppressor
- Greater durability, tensile strength, and yield characteristics
- Material: 1144 Stressproof Steel
- Finish: Mil-Spec Phosphate
- Weight: 4.96 oz.
- Length: 3.4"
- Thread Pitch: 5/8"x20
- Outside Diameter: 0.860"
- M1A/M14 with 5/8"x20 thread pitch
M1A / M14 owners will be glad to know that Smith Enterprise is still making useful improvements for this classic rifle.
The Good Iron M1A Muzzle Brake offers a significant decrease in recoil and virtually eliminates muzzle climb, helping you make instantaneous follow-up shots. This is made possible by the 14 gas ports, which direct gas up and to the sides to counter both vertical and parallel recoil. The 15 degree fluting twist causes this M1A muzzle brake to tighten rather than loosen, so you won't have to retighten it even when firing incessantly.
This muzzle brake is made out of 1144 stressproof steel cold-drawn from barstock. It is then given a manganese phosphate finish to stave off corrosion and wear.