MPN: APAR308554M44 / APAR308556M44
- Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized or Cerakoted Flat Dark Earth
- Upper Receiver: Aero Precision M5E1 Upper (DPMS High Profile) - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 15-Inch M5 Enhanced M-LOK Handguard
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 18-Inch 1:8 416R Stainless Steel Barrel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 5/8"-24 TPI
- Gas Block: Aero .875" Low-Profile Gas Block
- Gas Tube: Mid-Length Gas Tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
- HP and MPI Tested
*This upper assembly does not come with Bolt Carrier Group and Charging Handle
- Weight: ~5.67 lbs.
- Overall Length: ~27.76"
- DPMS LR-308 style lower receivers
- 1x Aero Precision 18" 6.5 Creedmoor Stainless Steel M5E1 Complete Upper
Aero Precision makes some of the best AR parts on the market, and if you are looking to build an AR for long-distance shooting or hunting, their M5E1 complete upper chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor is a great option.
This complete upper comes with an 18-inch 416R stainless steel barrel. The barrel has a 1:8 rifling profile, which is ideal for stabilizing the 6.5 Creedemore projectile. It comes with a 5/8"-24 thread pitch and a pre-equipped A2 style flash hider. The barrel is high pressure tested (HPT) and magnetic particle inspected (MPI) to ensure that there aren't any imperfections or micro-fractures in the barrel’s metal. On the barrel, you have a low-profile gas system with a mid-length gas port.
This upper assembly uses an Aero Precision M5 Enhanced M-LOK Handguard. This aluminum handguard is 15 inches long and has M-LOK and QD sling swivel slots on both sides and the bottom, with a full-length Picatinny rail on top. The M5E1 Upper receiver from Aero Precision is also made from 7075-T6 Aluminum. It has a DPMS High Profile design and comes in a Hard Coat Anodized or Cerakote Flat Dark Earth finish. The receiver and barrel feature M4 feed ramps for better feeding reliability.