MPN: APAR308554M45 / APAR308556M45
- Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized or Cerakoted Flat Dark Earth
- Upper Receiver: Aero Precision M5E1 Upper (DPMS High Profile) - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 15-Inch M5 Enhanced M-LOK Handguard
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 20-Inch 1:8 416R Stainless Steel Barrel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 5/8"-24 TPI
- Gas Block: Aero .875" Low-Profile Gas Block
- Gas Tube: Rifle-Length Gas tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
- HP and MPI Tested
- Weight: ~6.25 lbs.
- Overall Length: ~29.82"
- DPMS LR-308 style lower receivers
- 1x Aero Precision 20" 6.5 Creedmoor Stainless Steel M5E1 Complete Upper
If you want to build an AR rifle for hunting or long-range shooting, 6.5 Creedmoor is the caliber to go with. In many ways, it has better ballistic than a .308 and packs a much stronger punch than a standard 5.56 NATO round.
Designed For Long-Range Shooting
Aero Precision makes many different upper assemblies for various calibers, and they also have the M5E1 Complete Upper chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. This upper assembly comes with a 20” barrel, ideal for long-distance shooting with the 6.5 Creedmoor caliber. The barrel has a 1:8 twist rifling and is made from 416R stainless steel. It is threaded with a 5/8"-24 thread pitch and comes equipped with an A2 Flash Hider.
The low-profile gas system used a rifle-length gas tube, which works great with a long barrel and results in a very smooth and reliable rifle. The barrel and gas system are covered by a 15-Inch M5 Enhanced M-LOK Handguard, which is made from aluminum and has M-LOK slots on the bottom and both sides for mounting accessories. The top of the handguard has a continuous Picatinny rail.
HPT and MPI
The upper receiver itself is made from 7075-T6 Aluminum and has a DPMS high profile design. The barrel on this upper assembly is both high-pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected to ensure quality.