- Cold hammer forged
- High Pressure Tested (HPT) and Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Made from Mil-Spec standards Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel (CMV)
- Single-point dimple creates a solid bedding surface for gas block set screws and aids in gas block indexing
- Extremely durable and corrosion-resistant melonite finish inside and out
*A barrel that is shorter than 16" is only for use on a pistol configuration firearm or a NFA registered Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR). All NFA laws apply!
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Gas Block Journal: 0.750"
- Gas Port Size: 0.078"
- Gas Placement: Mid-Length
- Twist Rate: 1:7 Twist
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Finish: Melonite
- Weight: 1.43 lbs.
AR pistols and SBRs have become quite popular these days. They are good PDWs and offer a compact self-defense weapon with a lot of firepower. So, if you are considering building an AR pistol or SBR chambered in 5.56, check out the Cold Hammer Forged (CHF) Barrel from Aero Precision.
Like most Mil-Spec M4 barrels, this barrel is made from CMV steel. CMV or Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel is more robust than ordinary stainless steel and offers better corrosion resistance and heat dissipation properties. Moreover, this barrel is cold hammer forged, which is the best technique for making the most durable barrels. Therefore, this barrel can take more abuse and be used ruggedly without damaging it. In addition, cold hammer forged barrels can be more accurate, as the internal rifling remains consistent for much longer than typical barrels.
This barrel has a mid-length gas port, ideal for performance with the 13.7-inch barrel. The barrel also features a single-point dimple at the gas port, which creates a solid bedding surface for the gas block set screws
Aero Precision pays close attention to quality control when making all its products. To ensure the best quality with their cold hammer forged barrels, they do HPT and MPI testing to check for any imperfections or cracks on the surface of the barrels.
The Aero Precision 13.7-Inch 5.56 Cold Hammer Forged (CHF) Barrel is among the best barrels you can find on the market for your next Build.