- Cold hammer forged
- High Pressure Tested (HPT) and Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Made from Mil-Spec standards Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel (CMV)
- Single-point dimple creates a solid bedding surface for gas block set screws and aids in gas block indexing
- Extremely durable and corrosion-resistant melonite finish inside and out
*A barrel that is shorter than 16" is only for use on a pistol configuration firearm or a NFA registered Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR). All NFA laws apply!
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Gas Block Journal: 0.750"
- Gas Port Size: 0.084"
- Gas Placement: Mid-Length
- Twist Rate: 1:7 Twist
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Finish: Melonite
- Weight: 1.34 lbs.
If you are looking for a high-end barrel for your next SBR build, the Cold Hammer Forged (CHF) Barrel from Aero Precision is an excellent option.
This barrel is made from Mil-Spec Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel. CMV steel is known to be stronger, more corrosion resistant, and better at heat dissipation when compared to ordinary steel. To ensure longevity and strength, this bar is cold hammer forged. These super durable barrels can operate in rugged environments and take a lot of abuse. Moreover, they remain more accurate for longer since the barrel’s rifling is more durable.
Aero Precision pays close attention to quality control, so their barrels are High-Pressure Tested and put through Magnetic Particle Inspection. This ensures that their barrels have no micro-fractures on the surface. In addition, this barrel comes with a melonite finish both on the inside and outside.
Being 12.5 inches in length, this barrel comes with a mid-length gas port placement. The barrel also has a single-point dimple at the gas port, which creates a solid bedding surface for the gas block set screws.
The Aero Precision 12.5-Inch 5.56 Cold Hammer Forged (CHF) Barrel is one of the best options for your next AR Pistol or SBR build.