- Cold hammer forged
- High Pressure Tested (HPT) and Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Made from Mil-Spec standards Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel (CMV)
- Single-point dimple creates a solid bedding surface for gas block set screws and aids in gas block indexing
- Extremely durable and corrosion-resistant melonite finish inside and out
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Gas Block Journal: 0.750"
- Gas Port Size: 0.078"
- Gas Placement: Mid-Length
- Twist Rate: 1:7 Twist
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Finish: Melonite
- Weight: 1.65 lbs.
If you are building a high-end AR-15 rifle and want a reliable, accurate, and durable barrel, you should check out the Cold Hammer Forged barrels from Aero Precision.
Made from Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, this barrel is stronger than standard stainless steel and offers better corrosion resistance and heat dissipation properties. Moreover, since it is cold hammer forged, it provides extreme durability and reliability, allowing you to use your rifle in rugged environments and shoot magazine after magazine without worrying about damaging the barrel or its internal rifling.
This barrel has a mid-length gas port and a single-point dimple at the gas port, creating a solid bedding surface for the gas block set screws. In addition, it comes with a protective melonite finish inside and outside the barrel.
Lastly, to ensure quality control, Aero precision also used HPT and MPI testing methods to ensure that their barrels have no imperfections or cracks on the surface.
If you are building an AR-15, the Aero Precision 16.3-Inch 5.56 Cold Hammer Forged (CHF) Barrel is easily one of the best barrels you can get on the market.