MPN: 15BW8M16FHQ-5R-NP3 / 15BW8R18FHQ-5R-NP3
- .223 Wylde chamber - safely fire either .223 Rem or 5.56 NATO ammo
- Fluted heavy profile
- 5R button rifling for better accuracy
- Magnetic particle Inspection (MPI), air-gauge tested, and fully stress relieved
- All Faxon .223 Wylde match barrels are individually checked for headspace
- NP3 coated barrel extension
- Nitride treated inside and out
- 11-degree target crown to ensure superior accuracy
- QPQ Nitride corrosion resistant finish
- Caliber: .223 Rem / 5.56 NATO
- Chamber: .223 Wylde
- Gas Seat: 0.750"
- Twist Rate: 1:8 Twist
- Material: 416R Stainless Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes (NP3 Nickel Teflon Coated)
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Bore Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Outside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Gas Placement:
- 16-Inch: Mid-Length
- 18-Inch: Rifle-Length
- 16-Inch: 1 lb 11.65 oz.
- 18-Inch: 1 lb 15.25 oz.
- AR-15 upper receivers
If you’re the sort of shooter who likes a little more meat on the bones of a match grade stainless AR barrel, Faxon Firearms’ Match Series Heavy .223 Wylde Fluted Barrels are perfect for you. This is a quality stainless AR barrel that features a unique fluted design that not only looks great, it dissipates barrel heat to resist distortion to allow the shooter to take full advantage of the potential of the .223 Wylde chamber. Everything the team at Faxon does is in the name of quality, start to finish.
Faxon Heavy Fluted Barrel: In-House Manufacturing for Superior Quality
Faxon Quality is no accident. Every step of the way, from design all the way through to the last inspection serves a purpose. The selection of quality 416-R Stainless Steel stock provides a hearty base for a series of processes that produce a match grade barrel like no other. Faxon uses a button rifling process to produce the 5R rifling that puts lands and grooves opposite reducing sharp angles so that bullet jackets take less punishment. That allows better projectile velocity and makes for an easier to clean bore than a traditional rifling pattern. Combining the unparalleled accuracy of the .223 Wylde Chamber, 5R Rifling, and NP3 Nickle Teflon coated M4 feed ramps barrel extension, this Faxon Heavy Fluted Barrel is sure to make the competition cringe when you debut it on the range.
Faxon Pride Inside and Out
Faxon Firearms leaves nothing to chance, that means even the coatings used in and on their Match Series Barrels are carefully chosen, not just for appearance, but performance too. QPQ Nitride coating gives the inside and outside of every Faxon barrel unquestioned protection from corrosion and keeps the bore locked in for long-term performance. Whether you choose a 16 or 18-inch Match Series Heavy Fluted Barrel from Faxon Firearms, you'll receive a quality barrel that will serve you well and make the rest of the range envious from first look to last shot.