MPN: APAR712102M2 / APAR712702M2
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized Finish
- Upper Receiver: Aero Precision AR-15 Upper with No Forward Assist - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 9.2-Inch ATLAS S-ONE or R-ONE M-LOK Handguard
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 10.5" 1:7 QPQ Coated 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Barrel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Gas Block: Aero .750" Low-Profile Gas Block
- Gas Tube: Carbine Length Gas tube
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
- HP and MPI Tested
- Government Profile
*ATLAS S-ONE Handguard: Front and rear Picatinny rail section. Eliminated center of top rail for weight reduction.
*ATLAS R-ONE Handguard: Full top Picatinny rail
*This upper receiver assembly has a barrel that is shorter than 16". This upper is only for use on AR pistol lower receivers and NFA registered Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR) lower receivers. All NFA laws apply!
- Weight: ~2.36 lbs.
- Length: ~18.95"
- AR-15 lower receiver
- 1x Aero Precision 10.5" 5.56 Complete Upper Assembly with No Forward Assist
One of the biggest debates in the AR-15 community is whether the forward assist is necessary or not. If you are on the no forward assist side and like minimalist AR receivers, this 5.56 Complete Upper Assembly from Aero Precision is ideal.
Chambered in 5.56 NATO, this upper assembly has an Aluminum receiver that does not feature a forward assist. It has a hardcoat anodized finish and features M4 feed ramps for better reliability. The barrel on this upper assembly is 10.5" inches long and has a government profile. It is made from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium, which is used to make Mil-Spec barrels and is stronger and more durable than normal stainless steel. The barrel is threaded and comes with an A2 Flash Hider. Both the barrel and the receiver are HPT and MPI tested for quality assurance.
The low-profile gas system on this upper uses a carbine-length gas tube, which is ideal for the 10.5-inch barrel. For the handguard, you have two choices. You can opt for the Aero Precision ATLAS S-ONE or R-ONE M-LOK Handguard, both of which will be 9.2 inches long. Both handguards have M-LOK slots on both sides and the bottom and use anti-rotation pins to mount directly to the receiver. However, the R-One handguard has a full-length Picatinny top rail, whereas the S-One is lighter and has two small sections of Picatinny top rail on the front and rear of the handguard.