MPN: A04002/ A04003
- Innovative reverse venting triple baffle design provides the highest level of recoil reduction and muzzle control
- Delivers over a 70% reduction in recoil energy for most cartridges
- Side vents are precisely canted upward to eliminate muzzle climb resulting in near zero muzzle movement while also minimizing dust signature when shooting prone
- FEA optimized for maximum durability and impact resistance in a compact, lightweight package
- Can withstand the heat of combat conditions without being subject to rapid erosion
- High tolerance class-III threads machined in same operation as bore aperture to guarantee perfect concentricity for optimum accuracy
- Available in a Ionbond DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) matte black and in natural matte stainless
- Heat treated and stress relieved
- Precision Armament Muzzle Device Alignment System is required for installation. Not included.
*Reverse venting design may cause excessive blast/concussion on barrels shorter than 14.5″ and on bullpup style rifles
- Caliber: .223 Rem. / 5.56 NATO
- Material: 416 Stainless Steel
- Finish: Matte Black Ionbond CrCN or Matte Stainless-Steel
- Weight: 2.68 oz.
- Length: 2.24"
- Height: 0.8"
- Width: 0.863"
- Bore Diameter: 0.28"
- Thread: 1/2"-28
- Any .223 Rem. / 5.56 NATO barrel with 1/2"x28 TPI
Warning: Reverse venting design may cause excessive blast/concussion on barrels shorter than 14.5" and on bullpup style rifles.
There is no doubt that good recoil management is critical for fast shooting. Now, there are a number of factors that are involved when considering recoil. First, and most obvious, is the weight of the firearm. All things being equal, it's obvious that a lighter weapon will transfer more recoil to the shooter. Then there is the buffer system and type of load to add into the equation. Lastly, although not magic, a high-quality compensator does indeed make a difference.
Something Has To Go
The M4-72 Severe-Duty Compensator does an excellent job at recoil abatement. You will see around 75 percent recoil reduction on the standard 5.56 M4 platform. However, there is a trade-off in the form of noise. To anyone who has fired a weapon wearing a muzzle brake, this is not news. The innovative, reverse-vented double baffle design of the Precision Armament M4-72 will keep the recoil at bay and your muzzle down, just remember your hearing protection.
Higher Price Doesn't Necessarily Mean Better Performance
The M4-72 Severe-Duty Compensator is crafted from heat-treated stainless steel. You will find it to be very durable and easily able to withstand the extreme heat created by combat or rapid-fire situations. This muzzle device particularly shines on barrels over 14.5-inches long. So, run it at least on a mid-length weapon and reap the rewards. The Precision Armament M4-72 virtually does away with muzzle rise and felt recoil. Plus, it does so in a compact, easy to clean package that is not only lightweight but looks mean on the front of your rifle. You can certainly spend more money, but you will be hard to find a more efficient compensator.