MPN: SUA-SABO-DI-625 / SUA-SABO-DI-750
- Can be used as a standard gas restricting or a "Bleed Off” adjustable gas block
- Patented "Bleed Off" design allow gas flow to be adjusted by bleeding the excessive gas out from the gas block instead of restricting the gas flow
- Bleed Off port reduces blowback when using a suppressor
- Reduces felt recoil
- Cooler and cleaner gas system - less unwanted gas cycle back into the weapon
- Gas can be completely turn off for precision single shots
- Safety detent prevent unintentionally backing the screw all the way out
- Made in U.S.A.
- Material: 416 Stainless Steel
- Finish: Melonite (Black) or Matte stainless steel
- Gas Adjustment: 30 locked positions
- Length: 1"
- Set Screw Model (.625"): 1.259"
- Clamp-On Model (.625"): 1.303"
- Set Screw Model (.750"): 1.383"
- Clamp-On Model (.750"): 1.426"
- 0.625": 0.78"
- 0.750": 0.93"
- Set Screw Model (.625"): 1.45 oz.
- Clamp-On Model (.625"): 1.45 oz.
- Set Screw Model (.750"): 1.80 oz.
- Clamp-On Model (.750"): 1.73 oz.
- Fit: .750" or .625" diameter barrels
- 1x Gas Block
- 2x 10-32 x 3/16"socket head cap screws
- 1x Gas tube roll pin
- 1x 3/32 x 6" L-shaped Hex key
When you build an AR platform weapon, change a barrel, or simply want to upgrade a gas block in your current gas impingement system, you have to choose whether you want to install a standard gas block or an adjustable one. While there are guys who will swear by one or the other, nobody is brave enough to say there’s a one size fits all answer to the gas management issue. Hang on a minute, what if there’s more? That might give some of us a reason to rethink which side of the line we stand on, or if we even need the line anymore. With the Superlative Arms Adjustable Gas Block, Superlative Arms brings a third option to the table, and this one includes features that just might be the answer everyone is looking for. The Superlative Arms Adjustable Gas Block is a bleed off gas block that doesn’t control gas flow with the same screw you adjust with, so it really is adjustable for its service life.
What’s the Third Option?
The Superlative gas block is a fully adjustable gas block that also includes a bleed off feature. The bleed off feature allows the shooter to set the gas block to allow a portion of the gases produced on firing to exit from the gas block itself, reducing overpressure in the impingement system without forcing it all through the muzzle. Using this bleed off gas block lets your AR run cooler and cleaner than ordinary gas management with less blowback, especially when you’re running a suppressed system.
The Superlative Gas Block Moves the Elephant out of the Way
When you talk about adjustable gas blocks, most of the time you’re talking about a gas block you can easily set where you want it when it’s new, but if you want to change it after a few hundred rounds, you might be using some of the more colorful words in your vocabulary as you tear off your handguard to get to work on a stuck set screw. That's the elephant in the room when you talk about adjustable gas blocks. Sometimes that adjustability "option" becomes more optional than adjustable.
The problem with most adjustable gas blocks is that they control the flow of gas with the same screw you turn to make the adjustments. After a few hundred rounds that screw gets fouled, maybe even corrodes and the easy adjustability you bought it for is a thing of the past. That’s not a problem with the Superlative Adjustable gas block because its unique design uses an adjustment screw that isn’t actually responsible for the restriction of gas flow, so it remains free and clean, even after repeated firing. That's one way to give yourself an edge.
Choose Your Size and Attachment Type
Superlative Arms Gas Blocks are available in a variety of diameters, finishes and can be purchased as clamp-on components as well as a solid set screw secured version. don't settle for what another manufacturer is willing to give you. Choose a Superlative Arms Gas Block and keep your options open.
Adjusting the Gas Pressure:
1) Setting the gas screw positions:
- Fully Closed - To fully close the gas pressure so the weapon will not cycle, turn the gas screw clockwise until it bottoms out. Do not over tighten the screw.
- Maximum Gas Pressure - Place the screw in the Fully Closed position then turn counter clockwise 4.5 revocations. This position will allow the maximum pressure.
- Bleed-Off Position - Starting from the maximum Gas Pressure potion, turn the screw counter clockwise until you obtain the desired setting for your weapon. We feel that the weapon is at its optimal gas setting when the brass ejection pattern is between 3:30 and 4:00 if your muzzle represents 12:00 as you are aiming toward the target.
2) Adjusting the system for the least amount of recoil:
- With the adjustment screw set at the Maximum gas Pressure position load one round in in a magazine. Fire the round.
- If the bolt carrier locks back on the empty magazine, clear the magazine from the rifle and visually inspect the chamber to make sure it is empty.
- Turn the gas screw counter clockwise 1/2 revolution and repeat step 2 until the rifle ejects an empty case and the bolt carrier does not lock back on the empty magazine.
- Once the bolt carrier does not lock back on an empty magazine, turn the screw clockwise 1/4 revolution, then chamber and fire a round. repeat this step until the bolt carrier locks back on an empty magazine.
- Once you have obtained this setting turn the screw another 1/4 clockwise revolution and the weapon should be set to the least amount of recoil.