- Heat Treated, Stress Relieved and Dual Stage Shot-Peened post winding
- Impregnation / Plating with Re-Micronized Molybdenum Disulfide formulation
- Increased "lock time" for faster sight recovery and platform stability
- Consistent spring pressure throughout the duty cycle of the spring, resulting in fewer malfunctions related to spring operation
- Improved & consistent cyclic operation. Spring will not change performance for many hundreds of thousands of rounds
- Greater resistance to heat induced performance degradation
- Reduced operating cost as replacement springs are not needed during the life of your upper receiver assembly
- Material: ASTM Grade A877 Certified Valve Quality Chrome Silicon Wire Stock
- Outer Diameter: 0.92"
- Inside Diameter: 0.78"
- Rifle-length buffer tubes
The Sprinco rifle-length AR-15 buffer spring is designed to improve the long-term cycling reliability of your AR-15. The Sprinco buffer spring is explicitly designed for AR-15s chambered for 5.56 caliber with a rifle-length gas system with A2 length buffer tube. The spring is color-coded green for easy identification for those who regularly change their AR-15 platform setup.
The Sprinco green spring for 5.56 caliber AR-15s is designed to eliminate bolt bounce and improve cyclic operation by producing faster lock time. This results in increased platform stability for quicker sight recovery. The consistent spring pressure results in less spring-related malfunctions, and especially Type III malfunctions that are common with some springs.
The Sprinco green spring for 5.56 caliber AR-15s is made from ASTM Grade A877 certified valve chrome-silicon wirestock and is heat-treated, stress-relieved, and post-wound shot-peened to stand up to hundreds of thousands of cycles. In fact, these types of springs have been shown to last for over 15,000,000 compression cycles. The spring is impregnated with a molybdenum disulfide formulation to prevent premature wear from heat-induced degradation. This all reduces operating costs by not having to replace the spring as often.
The Sprinco green spring for 5.56 caliber guns fits all AR-15s with rifle-length buffer tubes. The spring installs easily with no special tools and does not require any advanced gunsmithing knowledge.