- Last round bolt hold open mechanism
- Caliber: 9mm
- Finish: Cerakoted Flat Dark Earth
- Upper Receiver: Aero Precision Enhanced Pistol Caliber (EPC-9) Upper w/ LRBHO - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 4.8-Inch ATLAS R-ONE M-LOK Handguard
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 5.5-Inch 1:10 twist, QPQ Coated 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Barrel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
*This upper receiver assembly has a barrel that is shorter than 16". This upper is only for use on AR pistol lower receivers and NFA registered Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR) lower receivers. All NFA laws apply!
NOTE: The EPC last round bolt hold open is ONLY compatible with appropriate GLOCK® pattern magazines.
- Weight: 1 lb. 8.4 oz.
- Barrel Length: 5.5-Inch
- Handguard Length: 4.8-Inch
- Overall Length: 13.68-Inch
- 9mm AR lower receiver
- 1x Aero Precision 5.5" EPC-9 Flat Dark Earth 9mm Complete Upper Receiver
Pistol caliber carbines have become quite popular over the last decade. Many people use them as personal defense weapons, a much more effective firearm to shoot at the range.
If you are building a 9mm pistol caliber carbine or AR pistol, you should check out the EPC-9 complete upper receiver from Aero Precision. Though available in multiple configurations, this upper assembly comes with a short 5.5-inch barrel, ideal for a 9mm AR pistol or SBR. The barrel is made from CMV steel and has a QOQ-coated finish. The CMV steel barrel offers better durability, corrosion resistance, and heat dissipation than a standard steel barrel. The barrel on this upper assembly is threaded with a ½-28 thread pitch and equipped with an A2 style flash hider.
This upper assembly has a very compact, 4.8-inch aluminum handguard with M-LOK slots on three sides, with a continuous Picatinny rail on top. The short handguard does not offer much real estate for accessories but can be used to attach a small light or a handstop.
The EPC-9 receiver is made from 7075-T6 Aluminum. With the 9mm caliber, it is designed to operate as a direct blowback receiver and has a last-round bolt hold open mechanism. Because of the direct blowback system, it doesn't need a forward assist either.