MPN: APAR620115M87 / APAR620715M87
- Last round bolt hold open mechanism
- Caliber: 9mm
- Finish: Cerakoted Flat Dark Earth
- Upper Receiver: Aero Precision Enhanced Pistol Caliber (EPC-9) Upper w/ LRBHO - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 15-Inch ATLAS S-ONE or R-ONE M-LOK Handguard of choice
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 16-Inch 1:10 twist, QPQ Coated 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Barrel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
- ATLAS R-One Handguard has full top Picatinny rail for optional attachments
- ATLAS S-One Handguard eliminated center of top rail for weight reduction
NOTE: The EPC last round bolt hold open is ONLY compatible with appropriate GLOCK® pattern magazines.
- Weight: 3 lbs.
- Barrel Length: 16-Inch
- Handguard Length: 15-Inch
- Overall Length: 24.17-Inch
- 9mm AR lower receiver
- 1x Aero Precision 16" EPC-9 Flat Dark Earth 9mm Complete Upper Receiver
Pistol-caliber carbines are an excellent alternative to rifles. They are great for home defense and are a more affordable firearm for target shooting at the range. Moreover, because of their low recoil, many people also use them for competition shooting.
If you are looking to build a pistol-caliber carbine, you should check out the EPC-9 complete upper receiver from Aero Precision. This PCC upper assembly comes in multiple configurations. However, this one has a Flat Dark Earth finish on the receiver and handguard, and it has a 16-inch rifled barrel.
The barrel on this upper assembly is made from CMV steel, which is the same kind of steel used on Mil-Spec rifles. Chrome Moly Vanadium has better corrosion resistance, strength, and heat dissipation properties than standard steel. The barrel is threaded and comes with an A2-style flash hider from the factory.
Since the EPC-9 is a direct blowback weapon, it doesn't have a gas system. It comes with two different handguards that you can choose from. The Aero Precision Atlas R-One handguard has M-LOK slots on both sides and the bottom, and it features a full-length Picatinny rail on top. The Atlas S-One is quite similar to the R-One, but it does not have a full-length Pic rail on top. Instead, it has a small section of Picatinny rail on the front and rear of the handguard, which can be used to mount iron sights.
The EPC-9 receiver is made from 7075-T6 Aluminum. It features a last-round bolt hold open mechanism. However, it only works with compatible Glock magazines.