MPN: APAR620111M85 / APAR620711M85
- Last round bolt hold open mechanism
- Caliber: 9mm
- Finish: Cerakoted Flat Dark Earth
- Upper Receiver: Aero Precision Enhanced Pistol Caliber (EPC-9) Upper w/ LRBHO - 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Handguard: 7.3-Inch ATLAS S-ONE or R-ONE M-LOK Handguard of choice
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 8.3-Inch 1:10 twist, QPQ Coated 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Barrel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
- ATLAS R-One Handguard has full top Picatinny rail for optional attachments
- ATLAS S-One Handguard eliminated center of top rail for weight reduction
*This upper receiver assembly has a barrel that is shorter than 16". This upper is only for use on AR pistol lower receivers and NFA registered Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR) lower receivers. All NFA laws apply!
NOTE: The EPC last round bolt hold open is ONLY compatible with appropriate GLOCK® pattern magazines.
- Weight: 1 lb. 13.8 oz.
- Barrel Length: 8.3-Inch
- Handguard Length: 7.3-Inch
- Overall Length: 16.5-Inch
- 9mm AR lower receiver
- 1x Aero Precision 8.3" EPC-9 Flat Dark Earth 9mm Complete Upper Receiver
Over the past decade, pistol caliber carbines and AR pistols' popularity has increased significantly. They make for an excellent home defense option, and running them at the range is much more cost-efficient than shooting a rifle.
If you want to build a 9mm AR pistol or pistol caliber carbine for yourself, you should check out the Aero Precision EPC-9 Complete Upper Receiver. This upper receiver comes in a variety of variations. However, this one has an 8.3-inch QPQ coated 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel barrel. This CMV steel barrel is more robust than a simple steel barrel and offers better corrosion resistance and heat dissipation. This barrel has a 1:10 twist rifling and features a threaded barrel with a ½-28 thread pitch.
You can get this complete upper receiver with either an Aero Precision Atlas S-One or R-One handguard. Both handguards have M-LOK attachment points on the sides and the bottom of the receiver, and feature QD sling attachment points as well. However, the R-One has a full-length Picatinny top rail, whereas the S-One has a small section of top Picatinny rail on the front and back of the handguard.
The Aero Precision EPC-9 receiver is made from 7075-T6 Aluminum. It is a direct blowback receiver with a last-round bolt hold open mechanism. Unlike average AR receivers, this minimalistic 9mm receiver does not have a forward assist or port door since it is made from a direct blowback operation.