- Caliber: 9mm
- Finish: Type III Class 2 Hardcoat Anodized Finish
- Upper Receiver: Battle Arms 9mm XIPHOS Upper - 7075-T6 Billet Aluminum
- Handguard: 6.7-Inch Workhouse M-LOK Handguard
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Barrel: 8.5-Inch 1:10 twist, QPQ Coated 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Barrel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Bolt Carrier Group: Not Included
- Charging Handle: Not Included
*This upper receiver assembly has a barrel that is shorter than 16". This upper is only for use on AR pistol lower receivers and NFA registered Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR) lower receivers. All NFA laws apply!
- Weight: ~1.6 lbs.
- Overall Length: ~16.69"
- 9mm AR lower receiver
- 1x Battle Arms 8.5" 9mm XIPHOS Complete Upper
AR pistols chambered in 9mm have become quite popular over the past few years. They are an excellent PDW and are fun to use at the range since they have considerably lower operating costs than a rifle-caliber weapon.
If you are building a 9mm AR Pistol Caliber Carbine, you should consider using the XIPHOS Complete Upper from Battle Arms. This upper assembly is available in multiple configurations; however, this one comes with an 8.5" barrel. Made from high-quality 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel, this barrel is more robust, more corrosion resistant, and better at heat dissipation than a standard steel barrel. It has a 1:10 twist rifling profile, which works well with a wide range of 9mm bullet profiles. The barrel is threaded with a 1/2"-28 thread pitch and comes equipped with an A2 style flash hider.
The handguard on this upper assembly is 6.7-Inch Long. This Battle Arms Workhouse M-LOK Handguard is made from Aluminum and has a very lightweight design. It has M-LOK slots on three sides, with a Picatinny rail on top.
Their Battle Arms 9mm XIPHOS Upper Receiver is made from 7075-T6 Billet Aluminum and is designed to work with direct blowback bolts. It does not require a forward assist and does not have a port door either. The receiver has a hardcoat anodized finish and a very minimalistic profile.