- Made from 416RS ordnance steel and finish with QPQ Nitride
- Proprietary "StrikeFighter" profile engineered to reduce weight
- The gradual transitions increase strength and reduce heat related differential expansion, allowing for greater shot to shot consistency
- Weght less than an equivalent length government profile
- Magnetic particle inspected (MPI)
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Caliber: .223 Wylde
- Barrel Length: 18-Inch
- Gas Seat: 0.750"
- Profile: Medium Contour "SI Urban Fighter" Profile
- Gas Placement: Mid-Length
- Twist Rate: 1:8 Twist
- Material: 416 RS Ordnance Steel
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Weight: 2 lb 3.56 oz.
- AR-15 upper receivers
Here lately, a lot of people are moving to shorter, lighter weapons. But, I want you to think about it for just a minute. Are a couple of inches and a few ounces going to make that big of a difference in your world? Well, they could. When you go light and short, you sacrifice stability and accuracy. Let's take a look at an AR15 18 inch barrel. You may be surprised.
It's Just Right
Before you turn your nose up at the idea of an 18-inch Strike Industries Strike Fighter fluted barrel, think about it. This barrel takes every advantage possible to save weight and increase performance. The Strike Fighter is a middle-weight barrel featuring a stepped, two-stage profile. The final product results in a weapon that is balanced and almost drives itself to the target. This AR15 18 inch barrel wears a series of striking flutes to the dance. These flutes not only look sexy, but they make your barrel stronger.
Quality Runs To The Bone
We all know that SS barrels shoot well, but they don't have a super-long lifespan. The Strike Industries Strike Fighter fluted barrel turns that idea on its head. SI starts with 416 RS ordnance Steel that they cold-hammer forge into shape, then the steel undergoes a QPQ process. Bottom line, you get a super-accurate barrel that is corrosion resistant, and it outlives a plain SS barrel. The QPQ process is the real kicker here. This Nitriding process chemically modifies the surface of the steel. This isn't just a coating. It's a whole new beast. So, if you want a beautiful, balanced AR15 18 inch barrel that performs, Strike Fighter is it.