- Hybrid compensator/flash hider
- Keeps the muzzle rise and felt recoil to a minimum
- Reduces muzzle flash
- No porting at the bottom to reduce dust signature when firing from the prone position
- No poring at the top to reduce flash sight obstruction through optics or sights
- Laser engraved logo
- Pre-drilled for permanent attachment on 14.5 barrels needing 16.1"
- Comes with crush washer and pin (for pinning the muzzle brake)
- Durable and corrosion resistant QPQ Nitride finish
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / .223 Rem.
- Material: 17-4 PH Stainless Steel
- Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Weight: 2.33 oz.
- Length: 2.26"
- Outer Diameter: 0.86"
- Bore Diameter: 0.269"
- Thread: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Any .223/5.56 Barrel with 1/2"-28 thread pitch
- 1x CMT Tactical Combat Flash Compensator (5.56/.223)
- 1x Crush Washer
- 1x Dowel Pin
If you’re looking for a hybrid flash compensator that controls flash, muzzle rise, and recoil and looks good enough to take out on Saturday night, the CMT Tactical Combat Flash Compensator 5.56 is the one you want.
The team at CMT Tactical designed and manufactured the CMT Tactical Combat Flash Compensator to mitigate visible muzzle flash as well as control muzzle rise and reduce felt recoil on shooting. While they intended to produce a multi-functional muzzle device that provided exceptional value, quality and appearance, it seems that they have outstripped their own goals with this one.
The CMT Tactical CFC design is conscious of real-world scenarios. It features no 12 o’clock ports so it doesn’t allow flash upward into the shooter’s sight path while the large size of the combustion chamber, side ports, three forward ports and the wicked cut of the forward inner tang manage the way existing flash is released. The old-fashioned fireball a thing of the past. Likewise, the CFC 556 is without 6 o’clock ports so dust-printing is a non-issue even in the driest operating conditions.
Materials, Method and Finish
The CMT Tactical CFC 556 is manufactured using 17-4 PH stainless steel and cutting-edge multi-axial machining methods to produce a product that is not only functionally head and shoulders above the competition but aesthetically superior as well. The CMT CFC for 5.56 features visual details to match the trademark CMT Tactical mag well cuts featured on the UHP15 lower receiver series and is finished with an ultra-durable and corrosion resistant nitride finish. The CMT Tactical flash compensator has everything but dancing shoes. When the party gets going you don’t need those anyway.