MPN: ZCOMP LINEAR 556
- Provides forward directional muzzle blast control desired on rifles with shorter 5.56/.223 barrels
- Fluted body reduces the overall weight and provides an aggressive aesthetic appearance
- Minimal side port holes minimizing side blast concussion
- No porting at the bottom to reduce dust signature when firing from the prone position
- No poring at the top to reduce flash sight obstruction through optics or sights
- Laser engraved logo
- Pre-drilled for permanent attachment on 14.5 barrels needing 16.1"
- Comes with crush washer and pin (for pinning the muzzle brake)
- Durable and corrosion resistant QPQ Nitride finish
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / .223 Rem.
- Material: 17-4 PH Stainless Steel
- Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Weight: 5.68 oz.
- Length: 2.76"
- Outer Diameter:
- Muzzle End: 0.75"
- Body: 1.19"
- Thread: 1/2"-28 TPI
- .223/5.56 barrel with 1/2"-28 thread pitch
- 1x CMT Tactical ZCOMP 5.56 Linear Compensator
- 1x Crush Washer
There are a lot of muzzle devices on the market that you could wade through looking for the right one for your build. If you’re working on a short-barreled rifle and need a linear muzzle brake that works great and looks wicked to boot, CMT Tactical offers just what you want in a 5.56 linear compensator. The CMT ZCOMP LINEAR 556 is designed especially for use on short-barreled rifle builds to give you the control and blast reduction you want without soot and burning eyes to go with it.
Why a 5.56 Linear Compensator?
When you work with short-barreled rifles and AR-15 pistols, it doesn’t take long to understand why it’s important to be conscious of where the expelled gases are directed by your muzzle device. If you apply the wrong device to a short-barreled rifle you’ll have control of muzzle rise, but you’ll have a problem hitting the target when your vision is blurry from blowback and you’re nobody’s best friend when their ears start ringing. The answer to that problem is a quality linear muzzle brake like the CMT Tactical ZCOMP linear 556 compensators. A linear compensator forces blast away from the shooter and his comrades while giving the operator better control of the firearm on firing.
The Team at CMT Tactical prides themselves on attention to details. That’s why you’ll find they’ve designed added features into the ZCOMP 5.56 linear compensator. CMT positioned the ports on their compensators to eliminate dust printing and visual obstructions as well as minimize concussion directed toward bystanders. Fluting and nose cuts reduce the overall mass of the ZCOMP and make it the aggressive visual match for the CMT Trademark mag well grooves.