MPN: STG556C-BLK / STG556C-SS / STG556C-TIN
- Series of porting channels that run both parallel and vertical with and to the bore
- Parallel channels also feature a series of gas expansion chambers along their length
- Gas entering the NLC (Non Linear Compensator) impinges against the vertical ports and expansion chambers, causing a braking action within the device
- Reduced felt recoil and directs energy forwards, down range
- Disruptive Venting - the vertical and parallel channels are also threaded creating an uneven surface within the device that assist in disrupting gas flow and reducing flash signature
- Two patented Trefoil shaped ports are positioned on the top of the Stingray so that they vent vertically and control muzzle rise
- Trefoil pattern creates three prongs that sit within the porting area and assist in disrupting gas flow further and thus reducing flash signature through these vents
- Fitted partially under a handguard (as long as the vertical ports are left clear) creating an extremely compact system with excellent recoil & muzzle control features
- Stingrays outer collar is interference press fit to the main body and features a set screw fixing for additional security
- Collar available in QPQ Black, Polished Stainless, & TiN Titanium Nitride Gold
- Made in the USA.
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / .223 Rem.
- Material: AISI4140 (Hardened 48-52Rc)
- Body: QPQ Nitride (Black)
- Collar: QPQ Black, Polished Stainless, or TiN Titanium Nitride Gold
- Length: 2"
- Outer Diameter: 1.25"
- Bore Diameter: 0.278"
- Weight: 5.75 oz.
- Thread: 1/2"-28 TPI
- Any 5.56/.233 caliber barrel with 1/2"-28 thread pitch
- 1x LANTAC STG556C Stingray 5.56 Non-Linear Compensator
- 1x Collar (Installed)
- 1x Set Screw (Installed)
- 1x Crush Washer
A good compensator on your rifle can result in a more comfortable and easier shooting experience. The LANTAC Stingray 5.56 Non-Linear Compensator is an excellent option for any AR-15 or 5.56 caliber rifle.
Being a non-linear compensator, the Stingray handles the muzzle gasses differently from a standard linear compensator. Its porting channels run both parallel and vertical to the bore, and the parallel channels also have multiple expansion chambers along them. This allows these compensators to mitigate felt recoil while directing the expanding gasses away from the shooter. The Stingray does not expel any concussive energy on the sides; therefore, when you use it at the range, you won't send the concussive sound and gasses of the muzzle to the shooters on your sides.
The Stingray compensator also uses Disruptive Venting to decrease your muzzle flash. The channels inside the compensator are threaded to give them an uneven surface. This disrupts the gas flow and reduces the muzzle flash.
To help control muzzle rise, the LANTAC Stingray 5.56 Non-Linear Compensator also has two patented Trefoil-shaped ports on the top. These ports disperse gasses upwards to reduce muzzle rise, and the three prongs that sit within the porting area disrupt gas to further reduce flash signature so that you don't get a bright muzzle flash. This helps in maintaining your sight picture and shooting faster.