MPN: 1001-V-A2-PH / 1001-V-A3-PH / 1001-V-A4-PH / 1001-V-G6-A2 / 1001-V-G6-A3 / 1001-V-G6-A4
- Available in Standard, Helical Grooves or Arc Helical Grooves model
- Available in standard or pre-drilled model for permanent attachment
- Helical grooves version feature a shallower pitch to reduce surface contact and carbon buildup.
** Permanent attach model will bring a 14.5" barrel to legal (non-NFA) length (16") when pinned.
- Caliber: .223 Rem / 5.56 NATO
- Standard: 3.10 oz.
- Helical Grooves: 3.03 oz.
- Arc Helical Grooves: 3 oz.
- Standard w/ pre-drilled holes: 3.14 oz.
- Helical Grooves w/ pre-drilled holes: 3.07 oz.
- Arc Helical Grooves w/ pre-drilled holes: 3.03 oz.
- Length: 2.317"
- Outside Diameter: .859"
- Material: 8620 Steel
- Finish: Mil-Spec Phosphate
- Thread Pitch: 1/2”x 28
- Thread Depth: .625-.630±”
- Maximum torque to 10 ft. / lbs.
The Vortex Flash Eliminator from Smith Enterprise has proven itself to be the most effective flash hider for the AR-15 platform.
This Smith Enterprise Flash Hider is machined from 8620 steel and finished off with a heat-treating process to prepare it for the rigors of duty, competition, or high-volume recreational shooting. The helical flutes work to dissipate muzzle flash from a variety of points and angles. The result is a virtually non-existent muzzle flash. Its helix design also helps align escaping barrel gas to increase accuracy with all bullet types.
No crush washer is used during installation due to the increase in visible flash that this would cause. Instead, a self-tightening design is utilized to make sure the device does not come loose even with constant firing. The grooves on the outside surface minimize contact points for fouling, which saves you a great deal of time on clean-up. The Flash Eliminator can even be used in combination with direct connect suppressors.