- Compatible with all Mil-Spec dimension carbine receiver extension tubes (buffer tubes)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug
- Sloping cheek weld provides a wide contact surface for user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Replaceable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear - Reversible Type 1 Sling Mount fits up to 1.5" push-button QD swivels
- Rear/Bottom - 1.25" sling loops
- Material: Polymer
- Finish: Black, Flat Dark Earth, OD Green, or Stealth Gray
- Weight: 12.3 oz.
- Length: 7.30"
- Width: 2.58"
- Length of Pull Adjustment Range: 3.3"
- Length of Pull (Collapsed): 10.9"
- Length of Pull (Extended): 14.2"
- AR-15 and AR-10 with Mil-Spec buffer tube
- 1x Magpul STR Carbine Stock
- 2x Storage Tube Caps
The Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR15/M16 carbines using Mil-Spec sized buffer tubes. If you were a fan of the Magpul CTR stock then you're most likely going to want to give the Magpul STR Stock some thought.
The Magpul STR Carbine Stock Is an Upgraded Version of The CTR Stock
This is a storage-capable version of the CTR Stock, the STR Stock has improved cheek weld and two water resistant battery tubes on a compact, reinforced polymer A-frame design. This new offering by Magpul keeps all of what you liked about the CTR and incorporated even more features and value. Of course, while the Magpul STR Carbine Stock is still much lighter than a fixed one, it weighs in just a bit more than its CTR predecessor. Turns out that bit of extra weight that the Magpul STR Stock adds to the rear of your AR makes it balance just right. Especially if you have to move fast like in a three-gun race. Another reason that you will want to change out to this Magpul STR Mil-Spec Stock is a slight change in its geometry. They made the bottom rear portion of the A-frame just a bit longer. I know that doesn't seem like much, however, it adds to your weapons stability when firing prone or off a bench.
Magpul STR Stock Brings the Quality That Everyone Expect from Magpul
A shielded operation lever and supplemental friction locking system prevent accidental operation and minimize excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy. On its inside, the Magpul STR Carbine Stock uses a premium, chrome, silicone lock spring. This little touch ensures that you get a positive, solid lock-up at any position along with long-lasting performance. The Magpul STR Mil-Spec Stock features a 3.3-inch range of adjustment. Therefore, you can quickly adjust the overall length to meet whatever mission requirements necessary.
The Magpul STR Stock incorporates two integral sling loops, a reversible push-button QD sling mount, and a replaceable 0.30" rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear. This Magpul STR Stock brings the quality you have come to expect at a price point you will appreciate.